300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the resume comes into play at this point. My understanding from speaking with a few SACs is that the referral is simply based upon your responses to the initial questionnaire. It is not until the referral stage that anyone even reviews your resume to determine whether or not you move on in the process from the referral.
    You are right.
    I have been informed by one agencies HR in an email that the questionnaire takes the cumulative answers from all applicants and assigns a sort of bell curve, from there is takes the top ranking 10% and cycles the veterans preference eligibles to the top.
    It then cycles again and puts the 10 pointers 1st, 5 pointers 2nd and then arranges them alphabetically among that criteria.
    From there, all of those, (civilian, vet prefs, etc) that are in the top 10% are rated as Best Qualified and then referred.
    If not enough applicants are in that number, or credentials are not verifiable, etc, they cycle from the next block of lesser qualified applicants.

After that, its all up to humans in some magical HR cave to do the rest.
    So, in essence the process is very much like some on here have called "a lottery"

It's very much an arbitrary process but, when you have 5k applicants and mandatory HR hiring quotas, all you can do is play the game.
    I have Vet Pref, college, prior LE and I even have a hard time getting referred sometimes.
    War of attrition

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      You are right.
      I have been informed by one agencies HR in an email that the questionnaire takes the cumulative answers from all applicants and assigns a sort of bell curve, from there is takes the top ranking 10% and cycles the veterans preference eligibles to the top.
      It then cycles again and puts the 10 pointers 1st, 5 pointers 2nd and then arranges them alphabetically among that criteria.
      From there, all of those, (civilian, vet prefs, etc) that are in the top 10% are rated as Best Qualified and then referred.
      If not enough applicants are in that number, or credentials are not verifiable, etc, they cycle from the next block of lesser qualified applicants.

After that, its all up to humans in some magical HR cave to do the rest.
      So, in essence the process is very much like some on here have called "a lottery"

It's very much an arbitrary process but, when you have 5k applicants and mandatory HR hiring quotas, all you can do is play the game.
      I have Vet Pref, college, prior LE and I even have a hard time getting referred sometimes.
      So far the lottery has been good to me and I'll take it. Anyone else receive their 2nd notification letter (NL) today? This is separate from the ones that went out on 12/19.

Comment

• I recieved the 2nd notification letter as well.

TDF

Addition: Who knows what that really means...
        Last edited by TheDamonFactor; 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM. Reason: See addition

Comment

• Also recv a second letter for both Lejeune and Norfolk. But it was the exact same so I assume it was the same email just resent out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
            I recieved the 2nd notification letter as well.

TDF

Addition: Who knows what that really means...
            and

Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
            Also recv a second letter for both Lejeune and Norfolk. But it was the exact same so I assume it was the same email just resent out.
            From my policy background and unprofessional opinion on this particular process, the letters state exactly why you received it, however not explicitly i.e. Current Fed or Vet Pref. In the letters it states "Please note that if this is a multiple graded vacancy OR included multiple hiring avenues (e.g., current federal and veteran), you may receive more than one letter for this vacancy; one for each consideration. . . . . . Therefore, my educated guess would be that you both are Vets and Current Fed employees since you are receiving consideration for both hiring avenues.

Hopefully this helps!

Comment

• Evidently, NCIS hates me. I received a notice a few weeks back letting me know I was not referred. Just now, they resent the same email. How lovely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                Evidently, NCIS hates me. I received a notice a few weeks back letting me know I was not referred. Just now, they resent the same email. How lovely.
                I was laughing when I received it! ...Just in case you didn't understand your first rejection, we just wanted to give you a second rejection so you understand how serious we are when we say WE DON'T WANT YOU!
                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Last Spring I got 3 rejection letters. One for each location and one a good month and a half after the first. Don't sweat it but it is salt in the wound.
                  Last edited by dsb05c; 01-12-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• I got the same thing........I think they are passing up top quality canidates, but what do I know!!!!!!

Comment

• Referred to Hiring Officials for Selection process?? Is this still good? I really don't know anymore?? Hahahha seems like that's as far as I ever get

Comment

• I have yet to hear back at all. Guess I will be contacting them tomorrow .

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                          Referred to Hiring Officials for Selection process?? Is this still good? I really don't know anymore?? Hahahha seems like that's as far as I ever get
                          Of course that is good. It's a lot further than what most get. Good luck with the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopNach View Post
                            Of course that is good. It's a lot further than what most get. Good luck with the process!
                            I got that last time, filled out paperwork and then an email saying I failed to respond to an inquiry to me but I never got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                              I got that last time, filled out paperwork and then an email saying I failed to respond to an inquiry to me but I never got one.
                              Awe man that sucks. I would have been on the horn and asking where this "inquiry" was and what means of communications did they use. I personally watch both my Usajobs and App Manager to make sure there is no funny business and to the extend of saving them to my personal email and desktop. Rumor Intelligence (RUMINT) has that this vacancy is for two June classes in FY 2015 and one in 2016, hence why Vets & Current Feds had priority in this announcement. Then again that would be a record breaking process to achieve in less than a 6 month time frame which is doable if they choose to.

Comment

• Im a current fed. I called and emailed them and they said they would look into it but nothing happened

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12301 users online. 440 members and 11861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X