300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
    That is lighting fast, but that is why I think they are putting vets and current government employees at the top of the list. I got my info directly from those who are in charge of hiring.
    I am so irritated that I keep missing these announcements. I've been looking for two years and keep missing them. Are they open for one day?! I have set up alerts and everything and still they don't show up. I am also a current FLEO.

Comment

• Last announcement was open for three days. Honestly alerts don't always work or show every job. Just get on usa jobs and type in 1811 into the search window everyday. Guaranteed to always work.

TDF

Comment

• http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...ions/20584345/

Fresh off the press from Navy Times.

For the current or former LEOs, I would think long and hard about why you want this job. Navy rapes are a far cry from where you (likely) came from.

For the non-vets/non-LEOs, I feel sorry for you if you consider the investigation of Navy rapes exhilarating.

For those given a no-go, read the above article and realize you're not alone, just the latest in the mangled cluster. It would be pitiful if there wasn't such delusion and arrogance.

Comment

• I just got the email saying I am being referred. From what people wrote on here it looks like I should be hired by December 2028

Comment

• I'm pretty surprised to see some of you guys not getting referred with your stats. The only thing I can think of is somehow your resume didn't support your answers? I got referred. 10 point, current FLEO.

The one thing I questioned is that the notice was addressed from Silverdale, WA, but under duty locations listed all the ones I selected....So was I only referred to Silverdale, or all offices? Confusing...

Comment

• Pretty sure it means you were referred for all offices. It came from Silverdale because they were designated at the initial processing center for all applicants.

Comment

• I applied to the March Announcement and did not get referred. This time I did get referred to the two locations I put in for.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                  I applied to the March Announcement and did not get referred. This time I did get referred to the two locations I put in for.
                  What changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by copperstate View Post
                    I'm pretty surprised to see some of you guys not getting referred with your stats. The only thing I can think of is somehow your resume didn't support your answers? I got referred. 10 point, current FLEO.

The one thing I questioned is that the notice was addressed from Silverdale, WA, but under duty locations listed all the ones I selected....So was I only referred to Silverdale, or all offices? Confusing...
                    I don't know my resume/answers worked for the FBI,SS, SSA OIG, NASA OIG and HSI. I'm sticking by my squid mafia theory lol[emoji2]

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                      What changed?
                      I changed my resume after speaking with a retired special agent (ATF) as I wasn't getting referred. He explained I wasn't using certain key words they look for when describing my experience and training.

Comment

• There are only two types of people in this world: Squids and the guys who want to be squids.

TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                          There are only two types of people in this world: Squids and the guys who want to be squids.

TDF
                          Seaman scare me[emoji33]

Though after being TDY to Whidbey I thought about switching over. That place was gorgeous!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                            There are only two types of people in this world: Squids and the guys who want to be squids.

TDF
                            That some poetry right there!!! Let me tell you it wasn't easy getting all those skating medals !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                              Seaman scare me[emoji33]

Though after being TDY to Whidbey I thought about switching over. That place was gorgeous!
                              Funny you should say that...I was just kind of reading up on the area last night, as I have never been up there. Good to hear its a decent choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by copperstate View Post
                                I'm pretty surprised to see some of you guys not getting referred with your stats. The only thing I can think of is somehow your resume didn't support your answers? I got referred. 10 point, current FLEO.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the resume comes into play at this point. My understanding from speaking with a few SACs is that the referral is simply based upon your responses to the initial questionnaire. It is not until the referral stage that anyone even reviews your resume to determine whether or not you move on in the process from the referral.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5658 users online. 227 members and 5431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X