300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    While I appreciate all the info that has been disseminated in the last few pages about CBP, that is not the purpose of this thread. If we could stay on topic, that would be great.
    sir yes sir, sir!!!!

mine says received. $5 that you didnt submit the security questionnaire
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
      All I go by is what i have been told by current coworkers who use to work there as well as my frat brother who works there now on top of their high turnover rate. I would imagine every person experience is different. Like I said before I am already in a 0083 position so it's not that i am trying to get in. I understand that you don't come in at a 12. The only 1811s I know that come in as 12s is U.S. Attorneys office, but I also have a good idea as to what CBP entails.
      If your frat brother is telling you he is being shot at every night, he is lying. Period.

I have worked the camps in the busiest AOR for drug smuggling in the entire Border Patrol (Ajo), and I have never been shot at the entire time. I have also worked the RGV in McAllen where the smugglers literally sit on the other side of the river and never been shot at. If agents were getting shot at all the time, I would know about it. Have I heard gun shots before? Yes, there are often random shootings in Mexico. That is completely different though than being shot at.
      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
        If your frat brother is telling you he is being shot at every night, he is lying. Period.

I have worked the camps in the busiest AOR for drug smuggling in the entire Border Patrol (Ajo), and I have never been shot at the entire time. I have also worked the RGV in McAllen where the smugglers literally sit on the other side of the river and never been shot at. If agents were getting shot at all the time, I would know about it. Have I heard gun shots before? Yes, there are often random shootings in Mexico. That is completely different though than being shot at.
        We still on this lol. I could care less. I have no intentions of working for them. In other news, has anyone heard anything concrete on a March class?

Comment

• I threw my hat in folks...no LE or military experience...let's just say that the initial application was pretty freakin easy because I just had to deny any and all experience from my apparently non-relevant life. For those currently in LE and military - thanks for your service - no doubt you deserve the preference!

I was hesitant to apply, but I made a promise to myself to apply, until I age out, for any 1811 that interests me. Relevant experience-wise I get my butt kicked, but outside of that I'm one competitive dude with meaningful skill sets. Any 1811 I can qualify for at the base level is a HEFTY pay cut for me, but I've got my good reasons. Good luck to everyone with the dream. Bruddah signing out...from the bottom of the totem pole
          The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
          Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
          Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post

A frat bro can dream right?

Comment

• I applied as well. I put in for the last announcement, but was not referred so hopefully there will be some movement this time around.

Comment

• Did the announcement close early?

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                  Did the announcement close early?
                  It said the 5th, did it close before that? I know usajobs had some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                    It said the 5th, did it close before that? I know usajobs had some issues.
                    I submitted just about 10 minutes before the deadline 11:45 PMish EST. My app said "incomplete" when I submitted, but it was because DON was pulling the necessary docs over from USAjobs. I received a confirmation email in the morning verifying receipt.
                    The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                    Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                    Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Received rejection letter yesterday. I was told usajobs status and subsequent emails were an error. I am really just confused. Masters, 2.5 local, 2.5 fed Leo, internship with a sbi, #1 in police academy. I was also told there were more suitable applicants, but then NCIS sent all their employees an email asking for people they may know who would want to apply because they didn't have enough candidates. Monday I was going to turn down another position I got offered so I am glad I did not. I will being taking that now. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Masters, 2.5 local, 2.5 fed Leo, internship with a sbi, #1 in police academy.
                        Creds like this should be getting you in the door for these entry-level announcements... it blows my mind that you are out. But, with the job market as it is I think you are up against a good number of current 1811s who are looking to move on from wherever they started.

Otherwise, the only thing you are missing is vet preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
                          Creds like this should be getting you in the door for these entry-level announcements... it blows my mind that you are out. But, with the job market as it is I think you are up against a good number of current 1811s who are looking to move on from wherever they started.

Otherwise, the only thing you are missing is vet preference.
                          Yes I agree. I rely a lot on faith so I always say everything happens for a reason. I'm just glad I found out this week because I would have turned down this other offer I received, which I was going to do this coming up Monday. I have to wait a year before I can reapply. So I will once that time has passed. I'm 27 yoa so I have a little time.

Comment

Yes I agree. I rely a lot on faith so I always say everything happens for a reason. I'm just glad I found out this week because I would have turned down this other offer I received, which I was going to do this coming up Monday. I have to wait a year before I can reapply. So I will once that time has passed. I'm 27 yoa so I have a little time.
                            Sorry to hear about your DQ. Perhaps your resume isn't reflecting your experiences and qualifications properly? That or it could just be due to Vet Pref. You still have ten years so don't let it get to ya too much. On a side note, turning down a job for just being referred elsewhere would not have been wise either (just my opinion on that). Best of luck to you!
                            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                              Sorry to hear about your DQ. Perhaps your resume isn't reflecting your experiences and qualifications properly? That or it could just be due to Vet Pref. You still have ten years so don't let it get to ya too much. On a side note, turning down a job for just being referred elsewhere would not have been wise either (just my opinion on that). Best of luck to you!

Thanks, yea I had to make a decision. Besides I was done with Ncis process. I had completed and passed the medical last month. So I figured that since I had made it through I would go ahead and wait it out. Good luck to you as well.

Comment

Thanks, yea I had to make a decision. Besides I was done with Ncis process. I had completed and passed the medical last month. So I figured that since I had made it through I would go ahead and wait it out. Good luck to you as well.
                                Oh I'm sorry I must have missed that. I read it as you just applied and received the DQ (as in they have begun to review applications). Yea I would have done the same in your position. Take care and best of luck.
                                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7391 users online. 409 members and 6982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X