Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanhood, so you feel my pain and have been playing this game for a while like myself! Ha

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
      I'm sorry but there is no way I would apply to CBP. They don't make nothing and they have the most dangerous job in all of law enforcement!
      Let's just clarify a few things real quick:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is

1. Office of Field Operations (Blue uniform = airports, seaports, land borders, and overseas assignments)

2. Border Patrol (BP) (Green uniform = land borders through out the USA, some airports ETC..)

3. Office of Air and Marine (OAM) (Tan uniform = various places through out USA, assist many other 3 letter agencies)

As far as pay goes in my experience a OFO Officer tends to make more money with double overtime. The pay for all people in CBP is very good. Shots fired nightly? that's a big negative and I can guarantee your friend is exaggerating a bit.

Bottom line if your not happy with your current job and you want to try to break into FED LEO than CBP is a great agency to get your feet wet.

Comment

• Whaaaa someone exaggerated about the frequency of being shot at? Say it isn't so lol. Then again... Everyone at the bar are former military special operation snipers and were (all) the ones who shot OBL while HALO SCUBA Swan Diving on the moon.

Good move on breaking it all down Locke03.

Maybe we should move all of this CBP talk to the CBP thread.

So how about we close this vacancy and start getting some test invites passed out...
        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by m8541 reaper View Post
          whaaaa someone exaggerated about the frequency of being shot at? Say it isn't so lol. Then again... Everyone at the bar are former military special operation snipers and were (all) the ones who shot obl while halo scuba swan diving on the moon.

Good move on breaking it all down locke03.

Maybe we should move all of this cbp talk to the cbp thread.

So how about we close this vacancy and start getting some test invites passed out...
          wahahahah

Comment

• x2 on CBP. im with BP. i dont hate it like apparently every other agent in the world does, I am just trying to get closer to home. BP and OFO make stupid money, and border patrol is an amazingly fun job. at least at my station. almost 0 managerial oversight, we get paid to go tear it up and play professional hide and seek. highly recommend it, especially considering the relative ease of getting in versus most fed gigs.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
              Let's just clarify a few things real quick:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is

1. Office of Field Operations (Blue uniform = airports, seaports, land borders, and overseas assignments)

2. Border Patrol (BP) (Green uniform = land borders through out the USA, some airports ETC..)

3. Office of Air and Marine (OAM) (Tan uniform = various places through out USA, assist many other 3 letter agencies)

As far as pay goes in my experience a OFO Officer tends to make more money with double overtime. The pay for all people in CBP is very good. Shots fired nightly? that's a big negative and I can guarantee your friend is exaggerating a bit.

Bottom line if your not happy with your current job and you want to try to break into FED LEO than CBP is a great agency to get your feet wet.
              I am currently a 0083, and I am not talking about working OT to make good money. I'm talking about making good money base pay. I currently average between 2500 to 3000 hours of OT a year and it gets old. So yea I'm sure you can make good money at CBP working OT but can u enjoy the money you make. CBP base pay is not good!

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
                Caveat: I am just a regular 1811 with NCIS and have no special insight into our hiring process.

If you passed the interview, poly, medical, and backgrounds investigations and have a conditional offer of employment putting you in the "hiring pool"," then I would think you have a good chance of being picked up in the near future. They are really pushing to hire agents this year, and I am amazed at how quickly the process is moving for you guys.

I don't know anything about the USAJobs status notifications. From my limited knowledge and experience with USAJobs, I wouldn't trust it too much, but that is just pure speculation.

For those expressing frustration with the hiring process, you have my sympathies, but delays, uncertainty, and lost paperwork are probably universal in the federal hiring process. Our hiring people have to a do a ton of work to process each applicant, and then the individual field offices have to dedicate resources to conduct hiring panels and suitability investigations. When you have thousands of applications, limited resources, and pressure from up on high to hire people quickly, mistakes happen. It sucks when they happen to you, but it is the nature of the beast. I didn't get hired the first time I applied. I got rejected and then worked to make myself a better applicant. The second time, it still took a long time for me to get hired, but I made it through and am happy I did.

Thanks

Comment

I believe that is only your case, I received the hired notification on the 3rd and also received via my email notification to schedule my medical and drug test. After medical and drug test my process will be completely finished.
                  Nope, same happened to me. I passed my poly, BI and was waiting on my medical when I received a letter via email stating I was no longer being considered. Then on the 1st I received USAJOBS notification and separate email from DON saying I had been selected/hired. (5 pnt pref./current S/A / BA and MA).

Makes zero sense, and I sum it up to an admin error. I'll reach out for further clarification, but in the meantime best of luck to everyone who is still in the game.
                  Last edited by Homeslice; 12-05-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I am currently a 0083, and I am not talking about working OT to make good money. I'm talking about making good money base pay. I currently average between 2500 to 3000 hours of OT a year and it gets old. So yea I'm sure you can make good money at CBP working OT but can u enjoy the money you make. CBP base pay is not good!
                    I fail to see your logic. All CBP employees are journey man 12 with supervisor starting at 13

NCIS journey man 13 with supervisors starting at 14.

A GL 7/9/11/12 NCIS SA isn't making hardly any more than a CBP Agent/Officer if any. A CBPO working one overtime a pay period (8hrs) is probably right on par or just slightly below with a NCIS SA in regards to the GS/GL 7/9/11/12 and I would think any BP agent getting AUO at 25% is probably exactly the same.

I really don't get why you think they make so much more money??

Yes from GS 12 to GS 13 the pay is a big jump so in the long run you will make much more money as a NCIS SA if you never sup up in CBP but let me be the first to say making sup in CBP isn't the hardest thing in the world.

If your referring to LEAP as your reasoning I don't think you get how that really works. LEAP is a automatic 25% added to your pay which means any overtime you work as a SA is free government time, compare that to a CBPO who is only required to work 8hrs and any OT is double time. If your believe that SA doesn't work overtime well that my friend would be a great injustice, many of them work a lot of OT every week and aren't paid a single dime extra because they have LEAP.

When you compare a SA job with LEAP to let's say a CBPO on paper yes it looks as though the SA job is making more money because they have LEAP, but in reality it's not true because those SA are working OT and not getting paid for it where as a CBPO will make double time for any OT they do and if you throw BP in the mix they probable make more money because they have AUO at 25% (well most of them do lol) and they receive time and half for any OT.

You got to step back and think hours worked to compensation and when you do that the reality is yes you probably will make more money as a SA but it isn't to the drastic propositions your trying to make it out to be.

On a side note 2500-3000 hours OT a year, really? I not trying to call you out here but that's basically a double everyday I can't imagine anybody physically even being able to do that.
                    Last edited by Locke03; 12-05-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homeslice View Post
                      Nope, same happened to me. I passed my poly, BI and was waiting on my medical when I received a letter via email stating I was no longer being considered. Then on the 1st I received USAJOBS notification and separate email from DON saying I had been selected/hired. (5 pnt pref./current S/A / BA and MA).

Makes zero sense, and I sum it up to an admin error. I'll reach out for further clarification, but in the meantime best of luck to everyone who is still in the game.
                      I'd seriously look into it if I was you something doesn't sound right there. Give HR a call it can't hurt.

Comment

I fail to see your logic. All CBP employees are journey man 12 with supervisor starting at 13

NCIS journey man 13 with supervisors starting at 14.

A GL 7/9/11/12 NCIS SA isn't making hardly any more than a CBP Agent/Officer if any. A CBPO working one overtime a pay period (8hrs) is probably right on par or just slightly below with a NCIS SA in regards to the GS/GL 7/9/11/12 and I would think any BP agent getting AUO at 25% is probably exactly the same.

I really don't get why you think they make so much more money??

Yes from GS 12 to GS 13 the pay is a big jump so in the long run you will make much more money as a NCIS SA if you never sup up in CBP but let me be the first to say making sup in CBP isn't the hardest thing in the world.

If your referring to LEAP as your reasoning I don't think you get how that really works. LEAP is a automatic 25% added to your pay which means any overtime you work as a SA is free government time, compare that to a CBPO who is only required to work 8hrs and any OT is double time. If your believe that SA doesn't work overtime well that my friend would be a great injustice, many of them work a lot of OT every week and aren't paid a single dime extra because they have LEAP.

When you compare a SA job with LEAP to let's say a CBPO on paper yes it looks as though the SA job is making more money because they have LEAP, but in reality it's not true because those SA are working OT and not getting paid for it where as a CBPO will make double time for any OT they do and if you throw BP in the mix they probable make more money because they have AUO at 25% (well most of them do lol) and they receive time and half for any OT.

You got to step back and think hours worked to compensation and when you do that the reality is yes you probably will make more money as a SA but it isn't to the drastic propositions your trying to make it out to be.

On a side note 2500-3000 hours OT a year, really? I not trying to call you out here but that's basically a double everyday I can't imagine anybody physically even being able to do that.
                        Thanks for telling me what I work Smh. Try 50 hours a week! Do the math!

Comment

You said you do 2500 to 3000 hours of OT a Year that would be:

3000/12 = 250

250 / 30 = 8 hours a day

Now you say it's 50 hours a week okay so I'll guess 40 hours a week is normal time

10 * 4 = 40

40 * 12 = 480 hours a year

So how exactly are you working 3000 hours a year OT???

Comment

I mean unless your saying you roll out 50 hours a week in OT?? Which if that is true then god bless your sole cause that means your working 7 days a week at least 8 hours a day extra, excuse me but you got to admit that sounds unbelievable.

Comment

I mean unless your saying you roll out 50 hours a week in OT?? Which if that is true then god bless your sole cause that means your working 7 days a week at least 8 hours a day extra, excuse me but you got to admit that sounds unbelievable.

90 hours a week total. If you are this arrogant and challenge people on things you have no idea about then you won't make it far. Anyways this thread is about NCIS and it's hiring process. I apologize to everyone else for this inappropriate conversation.

Comment

90 hours a week total. If you are this arrogant and challenge people on things you have no idea about then you won't make it far. Anyways this thread is about NCIS and it's hiring process. I apologize to everyone else for this inappropriate conversation.
                                Well then my friend you are the hardest working person in America and there no need for name calling I just ask a question. Your the only one getting all worked up about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8669 users online. 257 members and 8412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X