• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted post
    Last edited by FTRSA; 01-30-2016, 02:47 PM. Reason: Deleted post

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
      Dude, why the hate? All five of your posts on this forum are negative towards my agency. Did we do something to you? I'm the first to admit NCIS is far from perfect, but you seem to have an axe to grind.

NCIS has its problems, but so does every agency. I've worked with agents from all major agencies, and there is disgruntlement everywhere. The trick is to find an agency that has a mission you like and locations you want to go to. I like working with the military, I like being able to work a broad range of missions, and I like our locations and mobility. NCIS works for me. If it doesn't work from you, move on and apply somewhere else.
      There is no hate. I too have experience (plural) with NCIS. Not all has been negative. But nothing I've said is untrue, just as you have many truths in your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        CRTLEO,
        If an applicant isnt qualified (or didn't articulate their skills properly within the application to be deemed qualified), why should one's application move forward over someone who is qualified? If one is deceitful on a poly or BI, why should they get to move forward? Out of the thousands who apply to every vacancy, there are always going to be instances where applications get messed up. Human error and no one is perfect. That's why, if there is a legitimate mistake, you contact the proper POC and work to correct it. (Not saying that any of these above things specifically happened with DoSumThing's DQ, just speaking generally).

As for DoSumThing's situation, a letter/email from the hiring agency is what matters, not what USAJOBS says. USAJOBS is just a hiring portal and doesn't mean anything in the long run. Plenty of guys have been hired to agencies with their statuses left to reflect referred or application received. He was right to contact them in order to confirm his DQ, as ****ty as a situation as that is to be in.
        This is an open public forum where views can be expressed freely. No one, whether you work for NCIS or another agency, are simply an American, or for that matter another human being worldwide that aligns with our values, wants failure from any part of our democratic system, which I believe the military is a big part.

What you're saying is not wrong in a bubble. But the new announcement ("knowing what I know"), on the surface, reeks of desperation, delusion, and arrogance. That's what I was saying. How does NCIS expect to strike gold in December when it (we?) ran it's (our?) fingers through mud in March?

Again, no one wants to see failure at any level. Human error will always play a part. But better advertisement/recruitment, a new poly system, or additional manpower allocated to hiring may be a start. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different (or better) results is the definition of insanity. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this.
        Last edited by ctrleo; 12-05-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Do they do interviews at whatever office is closest or at set locations?

Comment

• I did mine at the closest location, but I do remember seeing back in May somebody from the DC area having to go to Rhode Island for their interview.

Comment

• Peeps,
              its all the G., not just NCIS. At least it was an error and not a conscious, dumb decision on someones part.

Not sure if it helps but I finished the entire process for USSS in 2012 waiting on the call, in Jan. 2013 is when the revamped the process to the new one. So what did they do? The only thing that makes sense.... scrapped all of us that were on the shelf. Lot of wasted time and energy there. Stinks. But ya just move on and stick another app in!! Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
                Peeps,
                its all the G., not just NCIS. At least it was an error and not a conscious, dumb decision on someones part.

Not sure if it helps but I finished the entire process for USSS in 2012 waiting on the call, in Jan. 2013 is when the revamped the process to the new one. So what did they do? The only thing that makes sense.... scrapped all of us that were on the shelf. Lot of wasted time and energy there. Stinks. But ya just move on and stick another app in!! Good luck everyone!
                The USSS is tripping over it's own two feet in dumb as the embarrassments never seem to end. Morale and incompetence there is similar to that of NCIS. Not good.
                Last edited by ctrleo; 12-05-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
                  I did mine at the closest location, but I do remember seeing back in May somebody from the DC area having to go to Rhode Island for their interview.
                  That's cool I suppose since the closest to me is still 4 hours away!

Comment

• Boys and Girls, I just applied under the current vacancy. I am now in the USMS, ICE, DEA and NCIS process. Gotta believe one of them will pan out :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
                      Peeps,

Viking, The same thing happened to me from the 2010 vacancy. I was cleared for hire, then dropped. It was an emotional event :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by fanhood View Post
                        Boys and Girls, I just applied under the current vacancy. I am now in the USMS, ICE, DEA and NCIS process. Gotta believe one of them will pan out :-)
                        Good luck, man! I currently only have apps pending with SSA, DOE, and NCIS. So, I think that means I need about 8 or 9 more apps before I can expect success. :-)
                        Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 12-05-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Throwing my hat back in the ring. Applied to the March posting and didn't get referred. Rewrote my resume on the advice of a retired ATF agent. I'm in the process with ATF and waiting to hear back from my application to FBI from August. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Entered in error
                            Last edited by TopNach; 12-05-2014, 09:30 PM. Reason: removed

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
                              So promet, what is your opinion about us who have finished the process and got the hired status notification?
                              Caveat: I am just a regular 1811 with NCIS and have no special insight into our hiring process.

If you passed the interview, poly, medical, and backgrounds investigations and have a conditional offer of employment putting you in the "hiring pool"," then I would think you have a good chance of being picked up in the near future. They are really pushing to hire agents this year, and I am amazed at how quickly the process is moving for you guys.

I don't know anything about the USAJobs status notifications. From my limited knowledge and experience with USAJobs, I wouldn't trust it too much, but that is just pure speculation.

For those expressing frustration with the hiring process, you have my sympathies, but delays, uncertainty, and lost paperwork are probably universal in the federal hiring process. Our hiring people have to a do a ton of work to process each applicant, and then the individual field offices have to dedicate resources to conduct hiring panels and suitability investigations. When you have thousands of applications, limited resources, and pressure from up on high to hire people quickly, mistakes happen. It sucks when they happen to you, but it is the nature of the beast. I didn't get hired the first time I applied. I got rejected and then worked to make myself a better applicant. The second time, it still took a long time for me to get hired, but I made it through and am happy I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by dosumthing View Post
                                FYI, for those who received the "hired" update . I have an answer from HR. These are the questions I asked HR via e-mail and the response I got back a few hours later.

Me- "On Nov. 3, 2014 I received a letter in the mail saying that the NCIS was no longer considering me. Yesterday my USAJOBS status changed to hired. I'm confused as to what is going on".

HR- "There has been an error with USAJobs. You have not been hired by NCIS or offered a position. We sent an official letter to your mailing address advising you were no longer being considered for a position. Thanks for your interest in the NCIS and we apologize for the oversight".

This is what I was told in my case, I cant speak for anyone else. Hope this helps or gives some insight. Good luck to those still in the process...
                                I believe that is only your case, I received the hired notification on the 3rd and also received via my email notification to schedule my medical and drug test. After medical and drug test my process will be completely finished.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10450 users online. 390 members and 10060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X