Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the .gov, if it makes sense they'll do just the opposite. It's just the nature of the beast. I've just learned to roll with it after all these years and not take it personal. I applied to the SS 3 times before I just got my test date, but HSI and FBI only once. I just look at it like the lottery, it's fun to play but I doubt I'll ever win lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• I didn't even make it to the poly, just an interview. Even their process was very unorganized. They lost my paperwork, when I got to the interview I couldn't get on base because they didnt tell them I was coming. They weren't really to interview me, it seemed as if they didn't know I was coming.

Comment

• Well, for those out there that got the same "hired / selected from another certificate" update that I did, it appears Im OUT…
        I wrote to them for clarification and got this:

"There has been an error with USAJobs. As you are aware, you have not been hired by NCIS or offered a position. We apologize for the oversight, please rely on the last correspondence you received from our agency."

Not sure if that goes for anyone else out there, oh well, Im waiting on "the call" from another agency…

NCIS was my end game though, maybe in the future.
        War of attrition

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Well, for those out there that got the same "hired / selected from another certificate" update that I did, it appears Im OUT…
          I wrote to them for clarification and got this:

"There has been an error with USAJobs. As you are aware, you have not been hired by NCIS or offered a position. We apologize for the oversight, please rely on the last correspondence you received from our agency."

Not sure if that goes for anyone else out there, oh well, Im waiting on "the call" from another agency…

NCIS was my end game though, maybe in the future.
          Reading that doesn't seem like you are out. It just seems like they still haven't given you a final offer yet. I hope they are not rejecting folks because of they are requesting clarification on a mistake they made! I think it is in everybody's best interest to not request any information at this point. Just wait and see what happens. They are probably getting ****ed from everyone requesting clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrleo View Post
            Unreal. So let me get this straight-they feel that since those that already applied either aren't qualified, have tried to deceive the almighty poly, or whom they've muffed documents won't suffice, they now think that a new announcement will magically bring more qualified applicants who can beat said poly to fill even more positions in less time with the same people in charge? This while battling an attrition war made public, clearly trying to beef up the ranks of those tired of the nonsense and who moved on to greener pastures before retirement? The military's law enforcement arm is a bigger cluster than the machine itself. Scary.
            Dude, why the hate? All five of your posts on this forum are negative towards my agency. Did we do something to you? I'm the first to admit NCIS is far from perfect, but you seem to have an axe to grind.

NCIS has its problems, but so does every agency. I've worked with agents from all major agencies, and there is disgruntlement everywhere. The trick is to find an agency that has a mission you like and locations you want to go to. I like working with the military, I like being able to work a broad range of missions, and I like our locations and mobility. NCIS works for me. If it doesn't work from you, move on and apply somewhere else.

Comment

• So promet, what is your opinion about us who have finished the process and got the hired status notification?

Comment

Right, and meanwhile Im people look at me like I'm a loser cause I'm a 32 year old house husband and part time check out clerk, waiting for someone to utilize my forensics degree, 3 languages, LEO and Mil experience.
                Did you apply to the CBP Officer and Border Patrol Agent positions when they were open? They are literally hiring thousands this year. Someone with your background might be bored in these positions, but it is better than sitting at home changing diapers.

btw, what three languages are you fluent?
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• I'm sorry but there is no way I would apply to CBP. They don't make nothing and they have the most dangerous job in all of law enforcement!

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
                    I'm sorry but there is no way I would apply to CBP. They don't make nothing and they have the most dangerous job in all of law enforcement!
                    WHAT???? Don't make nothing? All CBP and Patrol guys that have 5+ years make well over the 100K mark. Don't get caught up in what USAJOBs says, CBP is GS12 PLUS Unlimited OT that is DOUBLE time, plus night D, Sunday Pay etc.
                    BP still has AUO thats UP to 25% on top of their GS12 pay plus FLSA and their base is 72K in San Diego not including any of that + 25% + Night Diff/Holidays/etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
                      I'm sorry but there is no way I would apply to CBP. They don't make nothing and they have the most dangerous job in all of law enforcement!
                      You are right, don't apply here.
                      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                        Did you apply to the CBP Officer and Border Patrol Agent positions when they were open? They are literally hiring thousands this year. Someone with your background might be bored in these positions, but it is better than sitting at home changing diapers.

btw, what three languages are you fluent?
                        Applied with them, didn't hear anything back yet.
                        As far as the languages: Chinese (3 years in HS) Japanese (stationed there 4 years) Arabic (4 years college)

BA: International Studies / Middle East
                        42 additional credits in forensic science.
                        Prior Mil & LEO

Like promet said, its the mission that pulls me toward NCIS. I was a navy guy, love ships & sea.
                        Its just a weird process. I'll just try again when I can…
                        War of attrition

Comment

Applied with them, didn't hear anything back yet.
                          As far as the languages: Chinese (3 years in HS) Japanese (stationed there 4 years) Arabic (4 years college)

BA: International Studies / Middle East
                          42 additional credits in forensic science.
                          Prior Mil & LEO

Like promet said, its the mission that pulls me toward NCIS. I was a navy guy, love ships & sea.
                          Its just a weird process. I'll just try again when I can…
                          FBI would be a great fit from the sound of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
                            Dude, why the hate? All five of your posts on this forum are negative towards my agency. Did we do something to you? I'm the first to admit NCIS is far from perfect, but you seem to have an axe to grind.

NCIS has its problems, but so does every agency. I've worked with agents from all major agencies, and there is disgruntlement everywhere. The trick is to find an agency that has a mission you like and locations you want to go to. I like working with the military, I like being able to work a broad range of missions, and I like our locations and mobility. NCIS works for me. If it doesn't work from you, move on and apply somewhere else.
                            Promet,
                            He sounds like the typical "I want to work for this agency. Oh, I didn't get hired? WELL F THEM I NEVER WANTED TO WORK FOR THEM ANYWAYS!" rant that you find on these things.
                            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrleo View Post
                              Unreal. So let me get this straight-they feel that since those that already applied either aren't qualified, have tried to deceive the almighty poly, or whom they've muffed documents won't suffice, they now think that a new announcement will magically bring more qualified applicants who can beat said poly to fill even more positions in less time with the same people in charge? This while battling an attrition war made public, clearly trying to beef up the ranks of those tired of the nonsense and who moved on to greener pastures before retirement? The military's law enforcement arm is a bigger cluster than the machine itself. Scary.
                              CRTLEO,
                              If an applicant isnt qualified (or didn't articulate their skills properly within the application to be deemed qualified), why should one's application move forward over someone who is qualified? If one is deceitful on a poly or BI, why should they get to move forward? Out of the thousands who apply to every vacancy, there are always going to be instances where applications get messed up. Human error and no one is perfect. That's why, if there is a legitimate mistake, you contact the proper POC and work to correct it. (Not saying that any of these above things specifically happened with DoSumThing's DQ, just speaking generally).

As for DoSumThing's situation, a letter/email from the hiring agency is what matters, not what USAJOBS says. USAJOBS is just a hiring portal and doesn't mean anything in the long run. Plenty of guys have been hired to agencies with their statuses left to reflect referred or application received. He was right to contact them in order to confirm his DQ, as ****ty as a situation as that is to be in.
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
                                WHAT???? Don't make nothing? All CBP and Patrol guys that have 5+ years make well over the 100K mark. Don't get caught up in what USAJOBs says, CBP is GS12 PLUS Unlimited OT that is DOUBLE time, plus night D, Sunday Pay etc.
                                BP still has AUO thats UP to 25% on top of their GS12 pay plus FLSA and their base is 72K in San Diego not including any of that + 25% + Night Diff/Holidays/etc.

Then why again are they trying to hire thousands of applicants. You do not come in making a 12. As someone who currently works anywhere from 48 to 64 hours of OT now at my current job I can attest that OT money is not the same as base money. Uncle Sam eats that for dinner. Besides who wants to work a few thousand hours of OT a year to make a good living. I have a buddy who works for them and he told me DO NOT APPLY THERE. They literally get shot at every night. The reason we all apply to NCIS or any other 1811 position is because we have skills (degrees, expertise, training, experiences) that we want to use in field of law enforcement to try and make a difference. Oppose to just being a body on the border in a problem that will never disappear. So once again do they really make that much money? It does sound like they have phenomenal recruiters though if they are explaining the job this way lol.
                                Last edited by LBJfan4life; 12-05-2014, 04:29 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11117 users online. 488 members and 10629 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X