Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That SF86 was a bear trying to fax lastnight. Had to run it through my fax 3 times before it finally went. All 28 pages!

Comment

• Originally posted by OKcop1 View Post
      That SF86 was a bear trying to fax lastnight. Had to run it through my fax 3 times before it finally went. All 28 pages!
      Daaaaaaaaaaang. 28 pages? Did you have to use the entire SF-86a?
      Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
        Daaaaaaaaaaang. 28 pages? Did you have to use the entire SF-86a?
        Yes, plus the SF86 continuation form as well. I had one employment record that I needed to put down that I had to use the continuation form. Plus on the relatives part I needed 3 page number 11's! A bunch of half and step brothers and sisters! I already had it prepared from my DEA application, just had to make some minor corrections and change the date signed.

Comment

• anyone else think it was a little curious that they had us submit the SF-86 prior to a TO? Or am I just way off base

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot33 View Post
            anyone else think it was a little curious that they had us submit the SF-86 prior to a TO? Or am I just way off base
            I thought the announcement says this form was recommended, but not required, so I am surprised that everyone is trying to fax SF-86 now. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
              THIS SECTION CONTAINS VALUABLE INFORMATION ON WHAT SUPPORTING
              DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND HOW TO FAX THEM. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

Applicants are encouraged to submit the following documents via fax
              before the closing date of the vacancy announcement:

SF-86 (This form can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/forms/html/sf.asp.)

SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action (if current or previous
              Federal employee)

DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty

Please FAX your documents to the fax number that appears on the fax
              cover sheets. You MUST fax each set of documents with its own cover
              sheet in a separate transmission.
              Example:
              1. Dial the fax number.
              2. Fax the SF-50 cover sheet along with the SF-50 document.
              3. Finish. This constitutes ONE fax transmission. See the
              faxing instructions on the Fax Cover Sheets. Your documents must be
              faxed by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date.

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO FAX!
              You are sending your documents to a high-volume scanning center and
              you may encounter a busy signal. If that occurs, please re-fax your
              documents.
              Looks like they need the SF-86 first hand

Comment

• I thought that sending the SF86 along with the application right away was a little off. But oh well, anything to try to speed up the "Hurry up and wait." The SF86 was one of the first documents I sent off for the DEA process after my COE.

Comment

• Wow, submitting an SF-86 is one thing, but to not allow for a PDF via email is a bit of a joke, especially in the year 2010! One way to weed out applicants, I guess. And do I understand it correctly when they say they will not PCS for your first duty station, this includes overseas? Think that would weed out all but the really serious candidates in and of itself!

Comment

• Originally posted by SemperFiVet View Post
                    And do I understand it correctly when they say they will not PCS for your first duty station, this includes overseas? Think that would weed out all but the really serious candidates in and of itself!
                    I just finished the on-line application last night. I'm working on updating my SF 86 now.

I seriously doubt that a new agent's first duty station would be overseas. I'm no expert but I would guess that a first duty station more likely would be in a larger stateside field office.

I thought the "fax an SF86" thing was strange, too. I was able to email my documentation for the USPB, and the USSS took it right off USAJobs. Then I saw that, apparently you have to fax stuff for the FBI as well.
                    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• is Greek a language they want?

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, well I guess I'm asking so I don't have to re-fax, On the last page of the SF-86 there appears to be a section for a doctor to sign, It says for "practitioner use only". I remember for the Border patrol back in '06 I didn't have to go to the doctor to get the SF-86 and I can't find that section anywhere in my old 86.

Basically my question is, is this something that we need to have done before we fax the damn thing?

Comment

• Nevermind, just realized that this was the medical release that the BI gets signed off on. Been a while since I filled out one of these lol.

Comment

• Quick question. I just applied for the JAN 10 NCIS SA opening. I am not a current federal employee, but may become one during the hiring process (I am currently a contractor in the IC). If I get picked up, great. I can resign and move on (the government knows this, it is my current client). If I don't I will be in a better position to pick up solid experience for the next round of openings.

Is changing employers during the hiring process going to hose my application process at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by SemperFiVet View Post
                              Wow, submitting an SF-86 is one thing, but to not allow for a PDF via email is a bit of a joke, especially in the year 2010! One way to weed out applicants, I guess. And do I understand it correctly when they say they will not PCS for your first duty station, this includes overseas? Think that would weed out all but the really serious candidates in and of itself!
                              From the intelligence side of the house...it is safer to send PII over a fax machine than it is to send over unsecured email. You can get COTS software to capture emails. Bad idea to send your SSN over email, period.
                              Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                                is Greek a language they want?
                                If you're interested in an investigative position (which a NCIS SA position qualifies), start honing those investigative skills now. Doesn't take much effort to see where in the world NCIS offices are located: http://www.ncis.navy.mil/locations.asp. From that map, there is one (1) office in Greece, Souda Bay. Greek language skills might be helpful there, but out of all the foreign offices in this agency, Greek is probably bottom of the priorities for desired skillsets. Langauges from the Middle East, Far East, Spanish, French, and Russian are much more desirable, based on where we are and what we're involved in.

Originally posted by swolatxfer View Post

Is changing employers during the hiring process going to hose my application process at all?
                                It happened to me, and I still got hired. Just use common sense. If you get hired elsewhere, update your recruiter (or background investigator if you're that far in the process). If it looks like you will change jobs (so long as it's not for disciplinary reasons at your current job), keep those that need to know aprised of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6560 users online. 279 members and 6281 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X