300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new NCIS news???

Was just wondering if anybody has any new NCIS RUMINT with concern to classes, etc.?

I have been in the hiring pool for a little while and I guess that I have been letting my anxiousness get the best of me lately.

They just cut my background. I already have a TS so hopefully I will be in the pool pretty quick

Comment

All seems very quiet on the NCIS front.

Has anyone heard anything about hiring board or class dates in the next couple of months?

Comment

All's quiet. Mark Harmon switched to decaff.
        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Job Posting

Has anyone heard anything new about the latest job posting?
          USMS - FCIP Region 2

Info Session: March 09
          Interview: June 09
          Conditional Offer: July 09
          Sumbitted e-qip: July 09
          Medical Exam Parts 1 & 2: July 09
          Drug Screening: July 09
          BI Interview: July 09
          FIT test: Dec 09
          FLETC: May 13, 2010

Comment

Just talked to my recruiter and he said DC is bogged down big time by the thousands of apps and last he heard was class in march and may

Comment

I figured they would get bogged down with all of the app from the recent application opening. But it is nice to hear that there are possible classes in March and May. What's a few more months anyways

Comment

I figured they would get bogged down with all of the app from the recent application opening. But it is nice to hear that there are possible classes in March and May. What's a few more months anyways

Comment

Comment

deleted post....
                    Last edited by MIDeputy; 01-03-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know how often they generally open up the announcements? Once a year? twice a year? Less? I couldn't apply for the recent one because my degree wouldn't be done in time. Thanks

Comment

This response is based solely on my observations of when announcements have appeared over the past year and a half (since I submitted my application).

I would say that usually a new announcement is opened within a month or two of the old one closing.

With that said, I also don't think it is unusual for there to be longer gaps (several months) between announcements from time to time.

There was a gap like that when they switched to the online only application system and another gap more recently, when they moved the application process to USAJobs.

Comment

Timeline

I've been reading the forums for a while so I figured it was about time for me to post my timeline for anyone that's interested:

June 2007 - Application Submitted
                          May 2008 - Written Test
                          May 2008 - Pre-screen interview
                          May 2008 - Panel interview
                          Aug 2008 - Background Opened
                          Aug 2008 - Drug Screening
                          Dec 2008 - Medical Complete
                          Dec 2008 - Background Closed

Now I'm just waiting to get in "the pool" and to hopefully get "the call"

Comment

If you don't mind me asking Cyber, what previous experience/education do you have? I'm just trying to get a gauge on if my application will get considered any further or not. Thanks!

Comment

If you don't mind me asking Cyber, what previous experience/education do you have? I'm just trying to get a gauge on if my application will get considered any further or not. Thanks!
                              As far as education, I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree, both in Computer Science.

I've also been working in the tech/cyber field for 5+ years in an industry directly related to the military.

I do have some military experience. I was reservist in the USMC. My MOS was in no way connected to technology as I was a combat engineer. I actively drilled for 6 years, with 2 years inactive, and was an E-5 (SGT) when I was discharged.

With that said, I think it's important not to get too wrapped up in other people's credentials. One thing that attracted me to NCIS is that they seem to be very committed to hiring Agents with diverse backgrounds and a wide variety of experiences.

If you are interested in the job, and meet the minimum requirements, then stick with it and try to stay positive. If you can get your foot in the door you can make a big impact during the screening interview.

Hope that helps,
                              Cyber
                              Last edited by cyber; 12-17-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10704 users online. 467 members and 10237 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X