300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCIS Special Agent

Can anyone share some insight on DCIS (Defense Criminal Investigative Services) Special Agent? I visited there website and talked to some at the D.C. field office and the only division I would be interested in is anti-terrorism. I submitted my resume to see where it leads. Does anyone know anything about this agency?

http://www.dodig.osd.mil/INV/DCIS/index.html
    USMS
    Info Session: 3/26/2009
    Interview: 6/1/09
    Conditional Offer: 7/2/09
    Sumbitted e-qip: 7/9/09
    Medical Exam: 7/14/09
    Background Interview: 7/29/09
    Drug Screening: 7/29/09
    FIT Test: 1/6/10 (Passed)
    FLETC: 6/9/10

They are the enforcement arm of the DoD Inspector general. They do lots of fraud work. If you have a background in auditing or contracts, then you will fit in.

Used to have a bad rep with the defense protective service prior to them becoming the Pentagon police.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Like orlando stated, they do lots of procurement fraud. I have a contracting background, so I applied to them a few times. I got a couple of letters from them stating that they would place my resume on file, but I never got contacted for an interview though. I can't remember the last time they had any entry level vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by Quick2352 View Post
        I would be interested in is anti-terrorism.
        They do a ton of fraud work. Even though they do have a terroism matrix, One would suspect that you can't jump right into it.....and/or expect to stay there your entire career.

That's just like ICE, FBI, DEA, ATFE, etc....... They all have terrorism matrix stuff......but unless you are a expert in that subject area, they are going to move you around because of the needs of the agency.
        Last edited by Bearcat357; 11-17-2008, 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling like a dunce....

Comment

Dcis

Generally speaking DCIS will not hire somebody who is not already a credentialed 1811 in another agency. They mostly take people who have been 1811's in other MCIO's (Military Criminal Investigative Organizations) such as CGIS, NCIS, Army CID, and AFOSI. These agents usually have worked complex white collar crime procurement fraud which is what DCIS primarily does.
          As far as the counter-terrorism they may conduct some CT investigations such as dual-purpose technology transfers (night vision goggles) being sent to terrorist groups overseas. They also conduct criminal computer hacking which in some cases may be tied to terrorist groups hacking into DOD computers. Like another poster said, you need to learn to be a "cop" and learn the job before you go into specialization like that. CT in DCIS is probably small and reserved for agents who have experience in the field.
          I am not trying to discourage you in any way, but DCIS probably will not hire you unless you have military intelligence, MCIO, or computer crime experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            They do a ton of fraud work. Even though they do have a terroism matrix, One would suspect that you can't jump right into it.....and/or expect to stay there your entire career.
            Bearcat is right on the money. Although they may have some agents on a JTTF (like countless local, state, and federal agencies are), it is still an OIG with a primary mission of going after fraud, waste, and abuse. DCIS is an agency where prior experience really is looked at closely when the hiring decision process takes place.
            Last edited by SoCalFed; 11-17-2008, 06:53 AM.

Comment

dcis does do alot of fraud,waste, kickbacks etc- however, if you have an area you want to specialize in, its not impossible to find a "niche" in the agency- you'll find there are some agents who have done maybe 2 health care fraud cases in thier careers, but have done many technology export cases- there is alot of bland number crunching cases and alot of other good stuff if you look-just look on ebay and youll find plenty of stolen military technology being sold- i find that agents here get the cases they find most interest in (mostly)-so if you want CT, you can def do it- maybe not right away, but its there- and alot the tech. export is related to CT- they do try to let you develop cases as long as there is a DOD connection

Comment

Nevermind.
                Last edited by ProtectandServe; 07-27-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7773 users online. 303 members and 7470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X