300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF Industry Operations Investigator

Has anyone heard anything about ATF's Industry Operations Investigator position? I applied and was just curious how fast will I hear something. I read the description. I know that its mostly regulatory, but anything else. OT? Travel? Morale?

Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about ATF's Industry Operations Investigator position? I applied and was just curious how fast will I hear something. I read the description. I know that its mostly regulatory, but anything else. OT? Travel? Morale?
    It's not "mostly regulatory" it's entirely regulatory. A friend of mine is an ATF IOI, and she started when they were still called Inspectors, and according to her that was a more appropriate title.

She likes it, but she also is not looking to be a LEO. Some of her co-workers however are frustrated because they would rather be agents than IOIs. I don't think she gets any OT, but I've never really asked. As for morale, those that took the job knowing what it is, and more importantly what it isn't (it's not LE) seem to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
      It's not "mostly regulatory" it's entirely regulatory. A friend of mine is an ATF IOI, and she started when they were still called Inspectors, and according to her that was a more appropriate title.

She likes it, but she also is not looking to be a LEO. Some of her co-workers however are frustrated because they would rather be agents than IOIs. I don't think she gets any OT, but I've never really asked. As for morale, those that took the job knowing what it is, and more importantly what it isn't (it's not LE) seem to be happy.
      I know someone who is in an IOI position. Likes it alot but wishes it could be a little more challenging. A good bit of travel for inspections and such. The academy is a FLETC and is only 7 weeks. The advancement is GS-13 so that is enough for me to leave my position as an LEO with the Dept of the Interior. The IOI jobs are considered federal law enforcement but you aren't a sworn officer with powers of arrest. Hey, it beats the heck out of being a GS-9 (no chance for advancement) for the rest of my life with the situation am I in now.

Best of luck to all !

Comment

Originally posted by VanCut2112 View Post
        I know someone who is in an IOI position. Likes it alot but wishes it could be a little more challenging. A good bit of travel for inspections and such. The academy is a FLETC and is only 7 weeks. The advancement is GS-13 so that is enough for me to leave my position as an LEO with the Dept of the Interior. The IOI jobs are considered federal law enforcement but you aren't a sworn officer with powers of arrest. Hey, it beats the heck out of being a GS-9 (no chance for advancement) for the rest of my life with the situation am I in now.

Best of luck to all !
        Applied to the same openings also. Do you know how long it took your associate to complete the hiring process? I just had my SSBI completed back in 2007 so I'm assuming they will just do a re-up to get it up to speed. Since the BI is the usually the longest out of all processes.
        Also, does anyone know where these positions are located? The posting just said many locales. I was hoping that I could stay in my area.
        The pay scale is fantastic for this job. Coming from a private contractor that does the BI's for OPM, I was getting paid crap. Working 50+ hours per week and making 33K with no OT and not to mention the ethical concerns I had with the company. Anything is a step up.
        Lastly, on the training academy. Is this the same type of training that an agent would attend? I assumed that since the IOI position isn't armed the training would be only a few weeks (2-4).
        Thanks in advance!
        Brian

Comment

Check here for training details:

http://www.atf.gov/careers/special-a...i-training.htm

Patriot72

Comment

Sounds interesting enough and as mentioned above, is better than starting as a GS7/9. Best to have and not need...
            trainee

Comment

Has anyone "heard" of potential job locations yet? I just applied (closing date Nov 17) and I'm waiting on a couple of other lists, including CBP.

Comment

I also applied with ATF IOI position and heard nothing as of yet. I'm wondering if there are any sites located in the San Francisco Bay area? Any information would be great...thanks!

Comment

Just accepted a job as an IOI. Applied in Oct 05. Training starts mid Jan. Im located in TX but no positions available here. Moving to the mid west.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb_IOI View Post
                    Just accepted a job as an IOI. Applied in Oct 05. Training starts mid Jan. Im located in TX but no positions available here. Moving to the mid west.

Newb IOI- How long did it take from the initial closing date for you to hear something about the moving to the next phase? Was your BI current?

Comment

Originally posted by Newb_IOI View Post
                      What duty locations did they offer you? Did you hear anything about how many positions they intend to fill from the 2008 announcement?

Thanks

Comment

Vader,

Was offered three locations. St. Louis, Kansas City, or Des Moines.
                        As far as the 2008 announcement I have no idea. Probably have to call the number on the announcement to see how many positions they will be offering.

Comment

Newb_IOI, when you say you accepted the job were you offered over the phone? Have you gotten your letter in the mail yet?

Comment

Wild08

As best I can remember it was at most a few months before I got a letter stating that I had been selected to move on. Had my interview in '07 and BI about 9 months ago.

la_nole

Letter is in the mail. I just called to check on it.

Comment

Since when did having real police experience help anyone getting hired with the federal government. As long as you have a degree with a good gpa or you did any military active duty time your more than likely going to get hired over anyone with police experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8139 users online. 418 members and 7721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X