300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida law enforcement jobs

Just out of curiousity, which departments are hiring in florida and which one would be worthwhile to apply to?

The subject of Florida law enforcement came up at work the other day while everyone was making smalltalk in roll call. The conversation peeked my curiousity.
    All Units Code Zero on one, Code Zero on one...all non-emergency traffic go to TAC-2

Ft Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa are the best depts I could find. Not all are hiring but they offer the best pay/conditions.

Comment

The Florida Police Chiefs Assoc. website has a jobs page, listed by regions of the state. Check it out at:

<a href="http://www.fpca.com/fpcajobspage.htm" target="_blank">http://www.fpca.com/fpcajobspage.htm</a>

Good luck! RW

Comment

Would I have to go through BLET again to go from NC to FL? <a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">[email protected]</a>
        Man hath no greater love than this, then to lay down his life for his friend.
        "The strength of the wolf is in the pack and the strength of the pack is in the wolf."- Kipling

Comment

Florida's Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC), a division of the Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement (FDLE) oversees all officer certification. They have reciprocal agreements with some states and accept their training for some subjects. It varies from state to state. They can advise you how much additional training you will have to have to become eligible to take the LEO certification exam in FL. Know they have a website but don't have its address handy. I'm sure you can locate it or a phone number with a little web searching. Good luck! RW

Comment

I don't know if they are hiring, but FDLE has a pretty good reputation.

Everytime I have had the opportunity to work with them, they have in each instance been extremely competent and professional. Each of them seemed happy with their employer, too.

I am sure they have their share of problems like any other workplace, but anytime that I have dealt with FDLE on numerous levels, I have seen all of the tell-tale signs of a good agency and virtually none of the indicators of a poor agency.

I am sure that someone on the inside could provide some inside dirt, but from an outsiders point of view, I have been very impressed. So much so that I looked into getting a job with them.

My two cents.
            -Sparky

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7686 users online. 368 members and 7318 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X