300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Enforcement Officer interview

Yea! I've got an interview for Thursday A.M. The only drawback is that's is a full time position and I was really wanting to go to school full time... but, It's a good opportunity to get my foot in the door. Hopefully all goes well.
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Good luck on your interview! I am currently doing Parking Enforcement for the summer, until I go back to school in October. All I can say if you get the job is don't mind all the knuckleheads. Not to be overly negative, but there are not too many positive interactions with the public when giving parking tickets. On the other hand, when I did my interview for a dept. in Nor Cal, they really liked the experience I obtained as a PEO. Is this a stepping stone for you?

Comment

Good luck on the interview!

Comment

Pretty much. Minnesota requires a degree to be a LEO and the PD kind of uses this as a time to evaluate students, who want to be LEO's, while they finish school. After a couple of months if someone is working out they will start the background investigation and start deciding if that person would be a good candidate to go to the academy.

A friend of mine said that it's a good time to develop the "Gift of Gab" to learn how to deal with people who are getting tickets.

BTW, thanks for the good wishes!

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: jarhead6073 ]
        On the wings of a dove
        Let's roll for justice
        Let's roll for truth

Comment

I don't know if you have looked in to this, you may have, but many of the police agencies in the twin cities area have Community Service Officers (CSO's) which may provide some experience. It is my understanding that these are paid positions. There are also reserve positions which are generally unpaid, but they also allow more opportunity to get some experience.

If you have any questions PM me.

Good luck.

Comment

<small>[ 09-26-2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: klar ]</small>
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Thanks all. I had the interview last week and it seemed to go very well. All I know so far though is that there were 95 applicants, of which 35 were being interviewed, and there are 5 openings. I'm actually about to go have breakfast with one of the other aplicants so I'll get so ask her what she thought.

The only part where I kind of screwed myself was that I didn't play up what I did in the service enough. I had the opportunity to go into more detail about being a supervisor, making decisions about people and millions of dollars worth of equipment, training cheif, etc. etc. Oh well.. Everything went well, and it's not like I bumbled any questions, I just didn't elaborate as much as I should have.
              On the wings of a dove
              Let's roll for justice
              Let's roll for truth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10811 users online. 504 members and 10307 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X