300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC college credits - is it true?

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM.

Aren't you at FLETC? Have you asked any of the instructional staff?
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

You have to find a college that will accept your training for college credit.

Comment

i believe my univ offered like 9 credits of gym for completing a police academy or military basic training

so essentially it is junk, at least here

Comment

Back in 2006 I checked with FLETC and they stated they were not A.C.E. (American Council on Education) qualified but that they were in the process of completing the necessary steps. Most colleges will not accept FLETC credits because FLETC lacks this accreditation.

Comment

You must contact the registrar at FLETC and request copies of your transcripts. Also contact ACE (this can be done online) and request the FLETC courses that are eligible for ACE credit (not the same as college credit) and application forms. You then complete the forms listing the eligible courses you took and mail them back to FLETC with your check. FLETC certifies the forms and sends them to ACE. ACE then notifies you that the process is compltee. You can then submit the ACE documentation to a college that accepts ACE credits.
            I completed this process in 2004 with no problems.

Comment

I attended FLETC on several occasions, on 2 of the times I was given a form in the folder from a University(I think it was in the mid-west). It wasn't many credits!

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Has there been any update ???... As a FLETC Grad. I'm curious to hear what you found out ....

Comment

Totally depends on whether the college you want to go to accepts FLETC credits (or any police training) for course credits. I used to work for a college that accepted training from FLETC or any police academy for credits towards a CJ degree, but again, it's totally dependent on whether the specific school will accept them or not. FLETC may have guidance on some schools that do.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good info I will have to check into this, i have graduated LMPT from FLETC

Comment

The college there in the same town as FLETC... Its a 4 year school.. they have a agreement with FLETC. Take your stuff to them.. pay like 15 bucks.. they give you credit.. there a 4 year state of georgia college. They put it on a transcript with the credits and printed it out.... I took said transcript to another college and they accepted it!
                        I may be short, fat and stupid...... But I can still taser you....

Comment

Like everyone else said it party depends on the college you're going to and if they'll accept it. I've received 20 something elective credits for post academy training through the college I go to.

Comment

I'm only 16 elective credits away from my BA so I'm hoping I can close that gap when I finish here at FLETC.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8224 users online. 336 members and 7888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X