300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lvmpd

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have went through the hiring process with the Las Vegas metro police. I understand they give a test every month. Are they in need of officers that bad? Or do they just give the test and take people who score in the high 90s. Or do they give the test but then sit on your application? Im thinking of heading out there to take the test process and was just wondering if any of you or anyone you know have went through it? Thanks!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Check into the Nevada sub-section listed under U.S. States, there's a huge discussion thread in regards to Las Vegas Metro.

Comment

awesome that works thx!
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Comment

PM me any questions you might have. I moved from New York and could not be any happier. We got lucky and had a huge hiring initiative passed. We have certain criteria and they don't necessarily lower the standards, but they have a big push to hire a lot of officers for a decent period of time.

Typically, a lot of people agree that from the time of initial application to the first day of the academy, could vary but is generally around 6 or 7 months, give or take.

Good luck, its an excellent department, but I might be a little biased
        The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

On top of that, just food for thought, there was about 1000+ people that tested when I took the test, and about 105 made it to the Academy, and a couple more than 75 graduated the Academy, lastly, about 45 graduated Field Training. The training is very tough but excellent and very rewarding.

Plus no civil service non-sense like they have on the east coast.
          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Feel free to PM me with any questions, also. I am rapidly approaching the end of the process and I couldn't be more excited. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Counter-Strike View Post
              Feel free to PM me with any questions, also. I am rapidly approaching the end of the process and I couldn't be more excited. Good luck!

Ah.... Michigan, two from my class were from Michigan....

Comment

Originally posted by MRRBEST View Post
                Ah.... Michigan, two from my class were from Michigan....
                Oddly enough, when I tested, I met a few from other states that I have also lived in but no others from Michigan. I'm sure there were some others there but I guess they didn't feel like being social during the physical. I know you're from the east coast; do you have any tips for a good midwesterner like myself? I have been to Las Vegas countless times to visit family. Regardless, it is still a whole different world...

Comment

I actually went to Vegas this last week for vacation left on Sunday. I was soooo sad when I had to leave, had a awesome time and won some money. I saw a few police out and even some stuff goin down, I wanted to talk to a few but figured it might be a little awkward. Definitely looks like it would be a entirely different job from your typical police patrol (especially if you work the strip). Obviously the city is seedy, so I would assume your going to see allot of the darker side of humanity. But I guess that's true with being a officer in any city of decent size.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4118 users online. 248 members and 3870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X