300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSA's/Rusume writers

Are these fokes worth the money to get resume written/ or KSA help.
    They claim a great success rate at gettin you to the interview.
    Anyone had success with these guys?

Originally posted by emerlad View Post
    Are these fokes worth the money to get resume written/ or KSA help.
    They claim a great success rate at gettin you to the interview.
    Anyone had success with these guys?
    I have never used one, as my dad is a retired ASAIC and he is my resume/KSA writer!

I have read a few resumes and KSA's from these services and they are pretty good, though.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

I have written my own KSA's and have gotten bites from all agencies I have applied to.
      Last edited by FormerUSAF; 09-05-2008, 12:10 AM.
      "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
      German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

Come on guys. I have read and reviewed many KSAs in my career, but what I do expect when I read these answers are that they are YOUR WORDS not some company you hired to get you the job. Is this company going to be available when you need to write a complex and detailed affidavit for a criminal complaint, search warrant, seizure warrant, or an arrest warrant? If I found out after I sat on your panel that someone else wrote your KSAs, I probably would not recommend you to the next phase.

Now don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with having someone read over your answers and provide ideas, but the main idea behind the answer should be yours. Besides providing the required answers, this is the part of the application we review to evaluate your writing ability.

Write your own answers and have someone proof read them before you submit them but PLEASE do not have someone write them for you. Some of my friends are polygraphers and I would not want to try dance around a question regarding your application.

A resume is a different story. If you want to spend the money to have a more professional resume then go right ahead, but not the KSAs.
        Last edited by IrishFed; 09-05-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Well said, IRISHFED!!

Comment

The reason I ask is I thought the computer scored the resumes/ksa's.
            I have no idea what these systems are looking for to generate the score.
            Thanks, I'll write them out..
            Last edited by emerlad; 09-05-2008, 11:14 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Just be able to articulate your experience into the each applicable KSA. It seems a little intimidating at first but you will soon figure it out. When you do write a KSA make sure you save to your hard drive because all these jobs ask similar KSA's and you will save yourself louds of trouble and time by saving them anytime you write a new one.
              Last edited by FormerUSAF; 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM.

Comment

FormerUSAF, 100% true. Every time you submit an application, it is saved on application manager. You can update/tune your ksa's from applications you previously submitted.
                There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5486 users online. 348 members and 5138 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X