Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just joe
    replied
    Maybe it is just that some agencies are more realistic. I think that most agencies' PT tests came from ex-military types (at a time when a lot of cops were vets) and simply transferred over the standard push-up, sit-up and two mile run as their PT test since that is what they did in the military. I think these tests are archaic. What you do in the field (meaning military field duty) and what you do as an officer are two different things. I understand the reasoning behind my army APRT. That said, I have never run two miles as a cop and never intend to run two miles as a cop. Running stairs, going over a fence, dragging a dummy, etc. all make perfect sense and actually simulate physical actions/exertions that would be required on the job.

Leave a comment:

• BD380
    replied
    I didn't think BOP had a PAT, judging by what I saw at FLETC...

Leave a comment:

• lionheartednyhc
    replied
    Well at least that one requires some effort...

Leave a comment:

• LS1
    replied
    Originally posted by lionheartednyhc View Post
    What is it?
    Dummy Drag - drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet.

Climb and Grasp - climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item - ideal requirement 7 seconds.

Obstacle Course - ideal requirement 58 seconds. (Joke)

Run and Cuff - run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs - ideal requirement 2 minutes, 35 seconds.

Stair Climb - participant, with a 20-pound weight belt, will climb up and down 108 steps - ideal requirement 45 seconds.

You also have to be able consume a box of donuts in under one minute.

Leave a comment:

• GitmoVet
    replied
    For DOD Police you just have to spell PAT.

Leave a comment:

• lionheartednyhc
    replied
    Originally posted by LS1 View Post
    You should see the BOP's PAT...
    What is it?

Leave a comment:

• LS1
    replied
    You should see the BOP's PAT...

Leave a comment:

• lionheartednyhc
    started a topic Holy cow, barely passed the PAT!!!

Holy cow, barely passed the PAT!!!

Just kidding So I took the "POST" PAT, or thats what I was expecting to take, this morning at The Academy in San Jose. I figured since it was a bit hot, the 500 yard run may suck, or the body drag but it wouldnt be too hard since Im in decent shape. Anyways, I get there and find out that the test consited solely of getting over a 6ft wall in 1 minute (if you need more then 6 seconds, you need to get in shape) and running 200 yards in 1 minute (i practically walked it in 40 seconds). My point is: I have noticed that there is a general trend with many of the agencies that most of the PAT's are somewhat of a joke. Have you noticed this too? Is this because they are THAT desperate?
    Last edited by lionheartednyhc; 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7250 users online. 363 members and 6887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X