300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cow, barely passed the PAT!!!

Just kidding So I took the "POST" PAT, or thats what I was expecting to take, this morning at The Academy in San Jose. I figured since it was a bit hot, the 500 yard run may suck, or the body drag but it wouldnt be too hard since Im in decent shape. Anyways, I get there and find out that the test consited solely of getting over a 6ft wall in 1 minute (if you need more then 6 seconds, you need to get in shape) and running 200 yards in 1 minute (i practically walked it in 40 seconds). My point is: I have noticed that there is a general trend with many of the agencies that most of the PAT's are somewhat of a joke. Have you noticed this too? Is this because they are THAT desperate?
    Last edited by lionheartednyhc; 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM.

You should see the BOP's PAT...

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 View Post
      You should see the BOP's PAT...
      What is it?

Comment

For DOD Police you just have to spell PAT.
        USSCP
        Faxed App 7/28/10
        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

Originally posted by lionheartednyhc View Post
          What is it?
          Dummy Drag - drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet.

Climb and Grasp - climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item - ideal requirement 7 seconds.

Obstacle Course - ideal requirement 58 seconds. (Joke)

Run and Cuff - run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs - ideal requirement 2 minutes, 35 seconds.

Stair Climb - participant, with a 20-pound weight belt, will climb up and down 108 steps - ideal requirement 45 seconds.

You also have to be able consume a box of donuts in under one minute.

Comment

Well at least that one requires some effort...

Comment

I didn't think BOP had a PAT, judging by what I saw at FLETC...

Comment

Maybe it is just that some agencies are more realistic. I think that most agencies' PT tests came from ex-military types (at a time when a lot of cops were vets) and simply transferred over the standard push-up, sit-up and two mile run as their PT test since that is what they did in the military. I think these tests are archaic. What you do in the field (meaning military field duty) and what you do as an officer are two different things. I understand the reasoning behind my army APRT. That said, I have never run two miles as a cop and never intend to run two miles as a cop. Running stairs, going over a fence, dragging a dummy, etc. all make perfect sense and actually simulate physical actions/exertions that would be required on the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10726 users online. 497 members and 10229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X