X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dotcomer
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2008

Background question

I have an issue with my background. I worked for a agency 5 years ago that does not exist anymore and i can not get in contact with anyone that i worked with to even verify i was there. Do i still need to list this place or do i leave it off? There is no way possible to contact anyone that was associated with the company. What should i do in a situation as this
    Last edited by dotcomer; 08-24-2008, 05:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
  • PigsdoFly
    Blackheart
    • May 2008

I would still put this agency down and just make a comment that it no longer exists.
    You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

• Stugotz
      Focused
      • Aug 2005

Social Security has records of your employment. Check their website for a link in the FAQ for something like "verifying employment." You can request your employment history showing employer/dates employed. That's one way to verify you were there since no one's around. FYI there's a fee. You can also try doing this at a local branch.

Definitely list it on your app/BG papers so it doesn't look like you are concealing anything.
      Last edited by Stugotz; 08-24-2008, 06:16 PM.
      Focused Recruit

Comment

• dotcomer
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2008

Do they look at the Social Security Office? I think i am gonna do that, i am going to try and find a link on there web site.

Comment

• Stugotz
          Focused
          • Aug 2005

The background investigator will probably acquire this info with your waiver, or have you get it to him/her. I had to get my own and provide it to the BI. Good to have on hand.
          Focused Recruit

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2002

I think this is the link you're looking for:

Comment

• dotcomer
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2008

Thanks

That's what i needed guys!

Comment

• dotcomer
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2008

One more quesiton

I know if you have ever defaulted on a student loan generally disqualifies you from the federal process. I have a question about mine. I was in college then sat out of school for a period for 7 months. I did not notify mine lender and then my school loan went into repayment status because it showed i was not in school. I did not realize it was in repayment mode and i did not think i had to repay it until i graduate therefore i was like over 120 days late. Then i re enrolled in school full time again and my loan were all deferred and back to current and my repay period was moved until graduation. But on my credit report still shows the to lines where my student loans were late. Would that disqualify me out of the process?

Comment

• Stugotz
                  Focused
                  • Aug 2005

I'm not familiar with federal BG standards regarding loans but regarding local PD/SD standards, a late payment or two likely wouldn't be an auto-DQ. You'd have to explain it to the BI though. Keep in mind that all of one's "issues" are factored into the final decision.

However, if one's credit history showed continuing late payments, well, that would indicate financial irresponsibility and that's DQ-worthy.

Just my 2 cents . . . .
                  Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22342 users online. 41 members and 22301 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...