300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1811 Transfer?

I was curious, when attempting to make a transfer, does one agency view a candidate that is presently in an 1811 position on a higher level then a candidate that is not? Also if you already have CITP behind you, do you have to redo it once you get on with another agency?

From what I have observed a current 1811 usually has a big edge over someone not already holding an 1811 slot.

A graduate of CITP should have an edge because it is one less thing for the agency to worry about. Some folks don't make it through training.

I am not sure about the issue on attending CITP again.
    If it wasn't a huge gap since you graduated I think most if not all agencies would not bother sending you back through.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomer View Post
      I was curious, when attempting to make a transfer, does one agency view a candidate that is presently in an 1811 position on a higher level then a candidate that is not?
      Maybe, maybe not. A guy with 2 years as an 1811 won't necessarily look as good as a guy with 10 years in local LE, with 5 years of that as a detective. Also, that kind of thing is an issue of looking good on a resume. When it comes time to really pick a candidate for the job their performance in the interview, and history at work will play a much bigger factor in selection.
      Also if you already have CITP behind you, do you have to redo it once you get on with another agency?
      I've never known an 1811 who had been through CITP being asked to repeat it for a new agency. However, if an agent went to CITP then went over to FBI, DEA, or USPIS they would have to go through the complete academy for those agencies, as they do not use CITP as a basic academy followed by a separate agency specific academy. Those agencies only have one academy that covers the basics with all the agency specific training.

Comment

Originally posted by jsbeith View Post
        From what I have observed a current 1811 usually has a big edge over someone not already holding an 1811 slot.

A graduate of CITP should have an edge because it is one less thing for the agency to worry about. Some folks don't make it through training.
        Sorry, but washing out of CITP is not a concern for most agencies. The washout rate is very low. Some smaller agencies may like the fact that they can immediately put a new hire to work, but really the time/cost of CITP and the risk of a trainee washing out is a minor consideration.

Comment

We lost 6 or 7 from my CITP class back in 2004.
          I was just basing my answer off of my observations of just one class.

Thanks for the clarification SA13, I appreciate it.

dotcomer SA13 has more experience in this realm than I do so if you got conflicting info from us - go with the answers provided by SA13.
          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

We lost 6 or 7 from my CITP class back in 2004.
            I was just basing my answer off of my observations of just one class.
            What did those people washout for? In my class we lost one, who quit. We had two that failed their first academic test and sweated the rest of the program, and two that struggled with firearms initially, but ultimately passed.
            dotcomer SA13 has more experience in this realm than I do so if you got conflicting info from us - go with the answers provided by SA13.
            Well thanks for the plug, but I'm not the final authority. I just happen to have worked for a few agencies, and have unfortunately been tasked to help screen applicants in the past.

Comment

academics got the majority.

couple had to receive some extra training to pass firearms but that didn't knock anyone out.

Comment

im only in week 4- my ci class has lost 3 already and a 4th never showed up- two were due to pt and one guy just left early in the morning, no one is quite sure why-

Comment

Study hard bain. Good luck to you.
                  CITP isn't hard at all if you prepared for PT and you take the time to study at night.

Comment

I was curious, when attempting to make a transfer, does one agency view a candidate that is presently in an 1811 position on a higher level then a candidate that is not? Also if you already have CITP behind you, do you have to redo it once you get on with another agency?
                    Still looking to jump out IF AFOSI Hires you?

Try to at least hang around until you go to CTOC.

M-11
                    “All men dream...... But not equally..
                    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Study hard bain. Good luck to you.
                      CITP isn't hard at all if you prepared for PT and you take the time to study at night.
                      thanks alot man, im definitely trying

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
                        I've never known an 1811 who had been through CITP being asked to repeat it for a new agency.
                        I personally have never known of one either, but I have heard that more recently some (or a few) agencies will make a candidate go through CITP again if s/he lateralled over to them and X number of years have elapsed since the candidate had gone through CITP.
                        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

No i was just curious how the whole process works. I have many agencies in the running.

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
                            if an agent went to CITP then went over to FBI, DEA, or USPIS they would have to go through the complete academy for those agencies, as they do not use CITP as a basic academy followed by a separate agency specific academy.

USPIS uses an abbreviated academy for current 1811's.

Taken from the USPIS website:

"Current qualified Federal Law Enforcement Criminal Investigators (Occupational Code 1811), or equivalent, may be permitted to participate in an abbreviated applicant process, consisting of six-week residential Federal Investigator Orientation course. (This is an abbreviated version of the Basic Inspector Training course."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10759 users online. 496 members and 10263 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X