300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.s.p.o

I've been a State Probation officer in the northeast for almost 10 years.
    I was in the BOP as a CO in the past and have a CJ degree.
    I've applied across the country for USPO and receive limited response to my applications.
    What gives with this agency???
    Does politics play that much of a role in the feds for USPO?
    Or is it just bad luck with the locations?
    14 years of experience that directly relates to job, talk about frustration....

USPO work the large disturbution HUBs located in large cities, and they have small turn over due to USPO Pay and Bennies which are better than the US Govt pay for uniformed LEO. I had a buddy who worked for them in California and he said the the Uniformed Police would eventually disappear with inspectors taking over most of the duties, and local cops doing the priliminary investigations, and inspectors picking up the cases. But I have no idea why you've had a dismal response from them, seems like you got the right background. Good Luck

Comment

are we discussing u.s. probation or postal service? if it is probation, my wife is a u.s.p.o. in florida and i might be able to shed some light on the subject.

Comment

I didn't think there was probation in the Federal system, or am I just thinking of parole?

Comment

Sorry, United States Probation Officer.
          Any advise is very helpful
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by emerlad View Post
            Sorry, United States Probation Officer.
            Any advise is very helpful
            Thanks.
            in my wife's district, they only hire experienced probation officers and most of them have language skills; however, my wife said that when she was at the academy, it seems not all districts are the same. some carry firearms, some its optional to do so and they all seem to have their own hiring policies. my wife loves the job. she works 9-5 m-f with weekends and holidays off. she says its very professional and a great place to work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7505 users online. 370 members and 7135 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X