300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI PFT Test

I was wondering, for those of you that have taken and maybe presently training for the FBI PFT; is a cumulative score of a 12, all you really need to be competitive or is it really a higher score. And also, how many minutes rest do you get between each event.
    Last edited by dotcomer; 08-09-2008, 11:41 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Originally posted by dotcomer View Post
    I was wondering, for those of you that have taken and maybe presently training for the FBI PFT; is a cumulative score of a 12, all you really need to be competitive or is it really a higher score. And also, how many minutes rest do you get between each event.
    You need to score a minimum 12 points in order to pass the PFT. During the informative session I attended earlier this year, we were told that we should train to reach 14/15 because 12 points at the academy would not be enough.

As for the time between events: 5 min.

If you haven't attempted the entire PFT with 5 min breaks, you will be shocked to see how tired you'll be after the 300m sprint. (and you have 2 events after the sprint) I currently can score a 16 but it took many months of training. You should concentrate on running at a fast pace.

Comment

Thanks

Yeah running is my big down fall. I have just started practicing and i can get a 15 just from sit ups and push ups, but i need to start sprinting or something. I absolutely hate running. Truthfully i have not even taken Phase I yet. I got the invite and will take it in a week. Am i training to early? I mean i do have to pass Phase I and Phase II to even get to the PFT correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomer View Post
        Yeah running is my big down fall. I have just started practicing and i can get a 15 just from sit ups and push ups, but i need to start sprinting or something. I absolutely hate running. Truthfully i have not even taken Phase I yet. I got the invite and will take it in a week. Am i training to early? I mean i do have to pass Phase I and Phase II to even get to the PFT correct?
        you have to have a minimum of 12 to pass, but you have to score at least one point in each event. therefore, if you can't get at least one point in the other two events, the 15 points in situps and pushups won't mean anything and you will still fail.

typically you won't get an invite for Phase II unless you can prove that you will pass the PFT. the PFT is given after Phase II, but when you are there for Phase I, they will tell you that you have to do a self-eval and get passing scores before they will consider you for Phase II. And, if you show up for a PFT later on and you don't get comparable scores to what you reported, your candor will be questioned. Long story short, don't worry about Phase II until you know 110% that you can pass the PFT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5239 users online. 178 members and 5061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X