300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Canine Handler

Is there anyone out there who is currently an explosives detection canine handler for TSA who can give me more info on the job? Thanks kindly.

I know at my former airport the TSA dogs were handled by the local Sheriff's Dept. They were bought and paid for by TSA and the Deuptys were sent to TX to train. From what I hear, TSA is working on a TSA Canine program that would make the handlers actual TSA employees. Something to look out for in the future. I would scour the TSA website for more info if I were you. GL mate.

www.tsa.gov

Comment

The TSA will at the begining of the next year be fielding their own K9 teams. Half will be non-leo handlers and the other half will be FAMs already in service. Other than that, the handlers are selected from the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the airport, trained by the TSA and provided with a TSA K9.

Hope that helps
      Steve
      Respect all ...... Fear none!!!

Comment

So of the "new K9 teams fielded next year" will they be "selected from the local law enforcement agency" or newly hired TSA Employees?

Will it be any different than what is currently in place?

Thanks!

Comment

The reason I asked was as a result of a posting I saw on USAJOBS recently in which TSA was seeking for a (non-leo) handler for the San Francisco office. I believe it was a GS-9. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

TSA K9 teams are already in place. they drive pickup trucks with traditional DHS graphics. I've seen a few of them training at Dulles this summer.
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for the updates guys/gals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7648 users online. 357 members and 7291 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X