300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Data Teminals

Does anybody have any experience or ideas on bringing mobile data terminals into the patrol cars for a 75 officer department with a tight budget. I know the obvious answer is grants but there is no assigned grant writer looking into this stuff so baby step me here.

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
    Does anybody have any experience or ideas on bringing mobile data terminals into the patrol cars for a 75 officer department with a tight budget. I know the obvious answer is grants but there is no assigned grant writer looking into this stuff so baby step me here.
    I suggest you hit the library and the web. Find some government programs on the Dept of Justice website, and get a book on grant writing. There are also plenty of older edition textbooks on the subject.

http://www.njlawman.com/Grants.htm
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Very cool start. thank you

Comment

It also might be worth the effort to check with other departments in the area and see if they would be interesting in working on something with you. Several departments in my area were able to purchase a fairly nice MDT setup including a dedicated radio system through a grant that they probably would not have gotten had any one of them tried to go it alone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5072 users online. 314 members and 4758 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X