300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-9, repeat your message

We have LE traffic as well as other communications sharing air time.

I'll hit Replay twice rather than ask Anyone to repeat, but sometimes you have to confirm what you think you hear. Sometimes you have to play it for everyone else in the room to hear...

This month's favorites:

K as in not

X as in extra

Y as in you

and my award for getting away with one ....

C as in c * * *.

Puh-lease, if they follow anything with "As in" I hold my breath, you can feel them searching for a word.

_______

Dante
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Originally posted by Gecko
    D as in "Dispatcher with the waist circumference of the planet Jupiter"
    I've only been inside for a couple years. Haven't had a chance to develop that "Dispatcher physique" yet.
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Thats funny. I hear people making up stuff all of the time!!!! Especially if you have a computer and you run all of your stuff on it, you might get out of practice! X as in extra....thats hillarious!!!
      "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14
        Thats funny. I hear people making up stuff all of the time!!!! Especially if you have a computer and you run all of your stuff on it, you might get out of practice! X as in extra....thats hillarious!!!
        nctroop14 you hit the nail on the head!

With a significant amount of traffic going thru MDTs people who rarely touch a radio have less "role models".

That's why when I hear a "Good One" I'll turn on my speaker and make sure everyone hears it. When **** is crazy something like that can break the tension.

The one downside of MDTs IMHO is I'll often get a "HIT" before he/she does. Whoever makes an inquery should get the first response. Granted its a short delay, but when it comes to Officer Saftey issues time is of the essence.

_____
        Dante
        09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6358 users online. 342 members and 6016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X