300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Maps (Programs or Apps)

So I recently was put in charge of traffic for our department and I am looking to see if anyone can recommend either a program or an application that can be used for generating heat maps for the locations of accidents, stops, DWIs, etc. Eventually this could be expanded to include crime locations as well.

At the moment I'm just printing out maps of the town each month and putting colored dots in the locations where things are happening in town and comparing them month to month that way. Looking for something a little less monotonous and easier to read and interpret quickly.

I know large departments utilize this quite often and we're a relatively small agency.
    Last edited by Next3Exits; 01-01-2016, 08:23 PM.
    "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

http://www.patrick-wied.at/

N3E,

Maybe thizza close..

I used it once or twice for a RF survey...

I needed somethang ta' cut throw vertical traffic, werked pretty gud..The engineering firm finally bought it rather than me..

The Admiral
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
      N3E,
      Maybe thizza close..
      I used it once or twice for a RF survey...
      I needed somethang ta' cut throw vertical traffic, werked pretty gud..The engineering firm finally bought it rather than me..
      The Admiral
      This was pretty interesting to look at and the heat maps were more along the line of what I had initially pictured. As you know budgets are evil things... and I ended up using Google Earth to basically map out our call types. It's nice though as I can separate the tags by month and subject and the appear and hide on the maps as I need them too. Thanks for the response though. I appreciate it!
      "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

No Problemo N3E....

Budgets, bottom lines.... == crap
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Heatmap.setData({
          max: 5,
          data: [{ x: 10, y: 15, value: 5}, ...]
          });

Oh yea, note tha' X Y coords, wid variable step index....kinda' cool

-Sul

-Frank

Comment

MS Excel has the capability.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8273 users online. 441 members and 7832 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X