NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Still Using Legacy Nextels At Work?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Anybody Still Using Legacy Nextels At Work?

    We still had the old Nextels at the agency I retired from at the end of 2010. I have read that Nextel service will be ending in 2013. Anyway, I am just wondering if anybody is still using these and if anybody here has switched to the Sprint Direct Connect. If so, how to the phones compare and how does the Sprint Direct Connect feature compare to the old Nextel Direct Connect feature?

    As a side note, while I don't miss the lack of coverage that Nextel has in very rural areas, I do somewhat miss the Nextel Direct Connect feature. I was pretty handy to just chirp a co-worker or family member.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
    We still had the old Nextels at the agency I retired from at the end of 2010. I have read that Nextel service will be ending in 2013. Anyway, I am just wondering if anybody is still using these and if anybody here has switched to the Sprint Direct Connect. If so, how to the phones compare and how does the Sprint Direct Connect feature compare to the old Nextel Direct Connect feature?

    Sprint hooked me up with a "Motorola Admiral". It works great 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, we experience sporadic coverage or parts of messages get cut off.

    As a side note, while I don't miss the lack of coverage that Nextel has in very rural areas, I do somewhat miss the Nextel Direct Connect feature. I was pretty handy to just chirp a co-worker or family member.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

    Comment

    MR300x250 Tablet

    Collapse

    What's Going On

    Collapse

    There are currently 3724 users online. 241 members and 3483 guests.

    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

    Welcome Ad

    Collapse
    Working...
    X