300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCTV Video Capture?

I remember reading in a LEO magazine about a USB flash type drive that could capture video from any CCTV DVR system and not need any specific systems codec to play. I don't remember what magazine it was but I think it was Law Enforcement Technology. Is anyone familiar with this device or know what it is so I can research it?

Thanks.

I believe you are referring to the Omnivore device from Ocean Systems. While I have not used the Omnivore, I have used other devices from Ocean Systems and so far all have been top-notch.

I am new to these forums, so I can't post a link, but you can find the product page by searching "Ocean Systems Omnivore".

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I registered specifically to answer this one. Now that I'm here, hopefully I can be of some assistance in the future, especially regarding technology / video / codec topics.

Comment

Thanks for answering, I could not find anything by google. This is exactly what I was looking for. Do you know how much a unit runs and do you know if it works as well as they say it does?

Comment

Sorry I missed your post. Swann systems also load to USB. They are inexpensive and you can even find them on ebay. The key with any system is the USB has to be big enough to load the video, otherwise you need to load it to a CD.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I haven't used the Omnivore myself. Based on my experience with 100's of proprietary video formats, players, and codecs, I am pessimistic about the capabilities. But again, I haven't tested one yet. If it does what it says, I'd be super impressed.

I'm unfamiliar with Swann systems, but I think the feature set of the Omnivore revolves around compatibility with various DVR vendors. Space can certainly be an issue, but I don't think that's the primary concern here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3485 users online. 207 members and 3278 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X