NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosetta Stone??? Any feedback welcome!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosetta Stone??? Any feedback welcome!!!

I just was wondering if anyone has had experience with Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin American) version. I am able to get this version for real cheap and was hoping to get some input form others in the forum. I figure it could never hurt to know some spanish.
    "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

Eh, I've tinkered with it, but found it slow going. While the idea is sound, using the children learning method using pictures and linking directly with words, it takes a long time before you develop any useful dialect.

I would honestly recommend Pimsleur. It's all auditory, which is the best way to learn. It also starts right off with useful phrases that will have you being able to carry on a conversation not long after starting the program.

Comment

I have to make long drives like 2-3 hrs at least once a week. Would I be able to listen to it then or is it more of a computer style thing?
      "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

Comment

Then that would be perfect for you. It comes in CD's that you could just pop into the car or put on your phone.

Comment

I'm gonna have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by ProtectandServe View Post
            Eh, I've tinkered with it, but found it slow going. While the idea is sound, using the children learning method using pictures and linking directly with words, it takes a long time before you develop any useful dialect.

I would honestly recommend Pimsleur. It's all auditory, which is the best way to learn. It also starts right off with useful phrases that will have you being able to carry on a conversation not long after starting the program.
            +1

It's not for a memorization based learner. I'm not a little kid, trying to guess what the picture is or what I'm saying is very annoying. As you get further into the Rosetta stone program, it only gets worse. I would highly recommend something different if you can memorize a large amount of information or primary learn this way. I'm going to try Fluenz next - the demo was an improvement from Rosetta Stone, for me at least. Try a demo and pick the one that best fits. I think Rosetta Stone offers a demo also.

The most transformational Language Learning Experiences. Online and around the world.Spanish Immersion, One-on-One Zoom Immersion, Fluenz App with seven languages. Learn a new language with Fluenz.

Fluenz Demo link: http://www.fluenz.com/languages/spanish/demo/

Rosetta Stone Demo Link: http://www.rosettastone.com/demo#

Pimsleur Spanish Lesson (YouTube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O9Rf...eature=related
            Last edited by semper03; 06-26-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I have been using it for about 6 months and am very pleased with it. I have found it to be easy to use, but it does require a regular time commitment. If you are not prepared to spend 30-45 minutes per day, 4-5 days a week, I would not get it. I describe it is a good way to learn enough of the language that you can start using the language and be understood, and then go on to really learn the language.

Comment

Estoy en acuerdo con ProtectandServe con respecto al método de Pimsleur ser grandemente preferible al método de Rosetta Stone aunque yo no haya utilizado cualquier de les.

I agree with ProtectandServe regarding the Pimsleur method being greatly preferable to the Rosetta Stone method although I haven't used either of them.

Please be extra careful if you use the audios while driving.

Comment

Well I got a really great deal on the Rosetta Stone so I'll give it a try. If i don't catch on quick enough I'll check into the other options you guys gave me. Thanks!

Comment

Rosetta Stone is interactive and computer based, not something like Pimsleur where you just listen to it. I found it very helpful in conjunction with other training, such as classroom work or working with a native speaker. As a stand alone, I got lost quickly as I couldn't figure out the difference in the picture sometimes.

My experience was with the Arabic version, BTW.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I was thinking about getting this, BUT, I've got the real thing! A beauty of a GF from Mexico. Hahha. If you interact, work on it DAILY, you'll get it quickly. AND, watching latin TV is a big help as well.

Comment

Foreign prisons is where I learned all'z ma' stuffy..
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Make sure that you know that the $$$$$ you pay does NOT give you lifetime useage of the software, at least on their on line version.

You get to pay even more $$$$ to keep up with being able to use the software.
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by skynet80
                            does anyone here do french??
                            Do explain..

Comment

Originally posted by skynet80
                              does anyone here do french??
                              My wife is smokin hot so french is a must in my relationship!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4111 users online. 259 members and 3852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X