300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video enhancing

Does anyone know of decent software that can be used to sharpen or otherwise enhance the crappy security footage I get as evidence?

My agency would be interested in trying something.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

They are a state agency. Not sure what software it is though.

For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Ha ha...

Any serious suggestions out there?
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Do you mean something available over the Web (free or close to it), or something your department might buy?
        I'll bet it's big buck$, but I believe at least one state agency in Maine is using dTective from Ocean Systems. <http://www.oceansystems.com/dtective>

I found out who had a "local" connection to that when I emailed the company to ask if they could suggest someone who might be able to enhance my crappy infrared-illuminated JPGs of thieves-in-action. They suggested a contact, and I sent copies of the images, but nobody was able to get the plate number I was hoping for.
        They probably have better results on something that has full-color illumination and isn't as lossy to start with as JPGs are. I hope so, anyway.

Maybe if someone out your way is using it, you can get a demo and actually enhance one or more of the clips that you have really been itching to see.

Good luck with it.
        --
        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I don't personally mind cost, it'll just have to be a budget item.

Detectives don't get money spent on them anyway. Patrol gets first choice. They have all the bells and whistles. We just got digital cameras two years ago, and binoculars last year.

Its OUR TURN!

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation uses Video Analyst Systems by Intergraph.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3485 users online. 229 members and 3256 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X