Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Smith
    replied
    Locally it seems to be CONSTANTLY down. I don't know who the blame falls on, but it doesn't seem reliable, especially during the last few months. Speaking of which, it is offline as of now for four hours.

Leave a comment:

• nassis
    replied
    Thanks for the response. Today is my friday, I have used the hell out of the mobile this week, putting information into the data base from the road is very addicting. I have only been in the office for briefings. Other than that I am a ghost. I discovered the image entry screen, had two stolen cars and was able to attach pictures to them. I am really likeing the system. Only problem is even in night mode that thing is super bright. Oh well another problem for another day.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    We call in our traffic stops and are still dispatched to calls via dispatch. We do have the ability if dispatch is busy to do them ourselves, but again we are limited to what we can accomplish from the car due to DPS restraints on the system.

Leave a comment:

• Seventy2002
    replied
    My agency has used Spillman since the early 90's. We've been using Spillman Mobile for about a year. I have my complaints but they're more about my agency's record-keeping philosophy than the limitations of Spillman's product.
    Our regional dispatch center uses PRC software and transfers minimal data to Spillman through a kludge.
    We run PRC CAD terminals on our mobiles. I prefer taking calls off the CAD screen. Some of our distachers have voices like rusty hinges andruntheirwordstogetherwhentheygetexcited. I get more information in less time by reading.

Leave a comment:

• nassis
    replied
    Spillman

I can update names involvements do Supps/ reports. download digital Photos and attach them to cases..... Also i forgot to mention dispatch is also going to spillman CAD. Supposedly we will have mapping and quickest route and other little addons. So the basics I have down. But the CAD is a little concerning, it is a great that I will be able to see what the officers have going on with out calling dispatch. But I really dont think the guys need to be taking calls from there mobiles, I am still stuck on calling everything out, so everyone knows where I am at. Is that how you do it or has your dispatch become a call center?

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    We use Spillman and Spillman Mobile...I don't particularly like it, as a lot of functions on Spillman Mobile have been disabled for us (due to it being a statewide system, the State Police decide what we can all use). I don't like the fact we can't update Names tables from Mobile, or add Involvements. Hopefully you guys have that ability...

Leave a comment:

• nassis
    started a topic Spillman

Spillman

The department just changed from Sleuth to Spillman along with all new MDT`s does anyone else out there use this program and if so have any tips. (did it change the way you clear your calls, do your officers take the calls straight off the MDT, and what about the new ID scanners with the computer generated tickets). I am the only one on patrol with a MDT right now, as I am to learn everything I can, and spend the next month or so teaching everyone else. Its cool but im a little overwhelmed. Anyhelp or advice please.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3068 users online. 164 members and 2904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X