300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextel i580 to BlackBerry Curve 8350i

I am wondering if anybody here uses the BlackBerry Curve 8350i? I have a Nextel i580 now and I am thinking of switching to the 8350i. Also, a salesman told me today that I have to use the Blackberry SIM card, but others have said that I can pop the SIM Card from my i580 right into the Blackberry and it will work. Does anybody know for sure? Also, if a Blackberry going to be too fragile for police work vs. the more rugged i580?

Blackberry's have had a lot of problems. My friends dad has it and he says he hates it, and wants to throw it at the wall on a regular basis.

Comment

Nextel i580 to BlackBerry Curve 8350i

That is interesting. Do you have any idea specifically what problems he has with it?

Comment

Are you stuck on Nextel? They leave a lot to be desired in a lot if different ways. Apart from that from what I have seen the 8350 is a pretty solid phone. There is no technical reason why your SIM card won't switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
          That is interesting. Do you have any idea specifically what problems he has with it?
          Yeah, stuff like the tracball is messed up, the buttons are too easy to press, and too small. The battery dies VERY quickly.

Stick with a nextel, or try a different type of business phone. Heck, even the iPhone is pretty darn good for that stuff.

Comment

Jim,

I wouldn't think the Nextel BlackBerry would be any different than the other phone service BlackBerry. The phone is mostly built the same, the Nextel one just has the extra Direct Connect feature.

You "could" probably transfer the SIM card into the new phone. You would probably be able to use the basic features like the phone and DC. It may not allow you to use features that are BlackBerry specific.

Although I have not used a BB, I have been using Nextel for years and have upgraded phones several times. The outstate coverage for Nextel pretty much sucks...I would like to try their hybrid phones that use Nextel DC and Sprint phone service, since Sprint has a little better coverage area.
            No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
            - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              Yeah, stuff like the tracball is messed up, the buttons are too easy to press, and too small. The battery dies VERY quickly.
              I agree that the buttons are small, but I've had no problems with the ball or the battery. I keep the phone in a Verizon plastic belt clip where the buttons cannot be pressed unless you remove it.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2612 users online. 124 members and 2488 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X