300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPhone or Blackberry Storm

I'm at the end of my Verizon cell phone contract. Trying to decide on the IPhone with AT&T or Storm Blackberry with Verizon.
    Any suggestions or comparisons?

IPhone or Blackberry Storm

What do you intend to do with it? Both have some pretty slick applications. Would either network serve you equally well?

Comment

First decide on the network. Who has the better voice coverage, who has the better 3G coverage. In general VZW has much better coverage than AT&T. Also the iphone explosion has put a hurting on AT&T's network leading to a lot of dropped calls.

The Storm is junk to put it mildly. It has had nothing but issues since it was released. If it interests you, wait for the Storm 2. It should be here pretty soon, either this month or next.

Comment

I can't comment about the storm, but I love my iphone. There isn't much that ISN'T at the touch of my fingers. I can find out most anything at the touch of a button, with the help of the internet or apps. I've not run into many issues with coverage although I think verizon has better 3G coverage. But, I live in Lancaster PA. Rural to some, metropolitian to others, but I have never had coverage issues with AT&T.
        "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

I rather like my storm, and with the present price at $50 you can't really beat it for a smartphone with its capabilities. I don't exactly run the original blackberry software which is the crap part of it.

As far as the network I have Verizon for personal use and AT&T for a work phone. The AT&T network has its dead spots like any provider would especially in Oregon. If you are looking for the 3G coverage especially in remote areas I would go with Verizon, their network is fairly new in the western part of Oregon and they are constantly adding on to it. If they have not already I think they may be taking over Unicel, the rural area provider in Western Oregon.

To give AT&T some credit, when you go into a Verizon "Extended Network" area you lose internet capabilities unless you are on a smartphone plan. AT&T has internet access anywhere whether it is their 3G, EDGE, or GPRS area or not. It sounds like you are pretty set on a smartphone so this is a moot point.

If you are going with Verizon, wait until Oct 21 for the Storm2, It has WiFi and a better use touch screen.

Just my 2¢

Comment

Network is the biggest factor. Unless you live in a big city AT&T doesn't (for the most part) have 3G service, where as Verizon does. I enjoy my Storm, and as long as you stay updated on your operating system version (not necessarily what Verizon releases!) you will have very few problems. I have had my Storm since Feb of 2009 and have had no trouble with it. Plus after six months you can get an unlock code for your Storm from Verizon and put in a pay as you go SIM card in to expand your coverage area using AT&T or any other GSM carrier...you can't do that with AT&T.

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 05:38 AM.
              Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Moto DROIDZ

Comment

5 minutes of playing with the storm will convince you to buy anything else besides it. its a piece of ****. verizon's network is just so much better than ATT's, but Im more than happy with my iPhone. I work midnights so network congestion isnt an issue for me at all. very fast!!

Comment

On friday the motorola driod (google phone) is coming out with verizon. You should seriously check it out. My contract is up with sprint and where I live now sprint sucks so I've got to go with some other carrier. Its either the iphone w/ at&t who apparently really sucks balls or the motorola driod w/ verizon that comes out on friday. I have used apple laptops and ipods for years now and i find them to be far superior to any PC based product but the killer is the at&t service. If the iphone was with any other carrier I would have already bought one but i just cannot bring myself to buying something that will not work where I work. Verizon is king where I'm at. Damn shame apple.. I cannot wait until next spring to find out if the iphone is going to be offered to verizon. I think I'm going to get the driod for better or worse.
                    Last edited by SHU; 11-04-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: g

Comment

iPhone=AT&T

DROID=Verizon

Comment

i love my iphone.... i think its by far the best phone i have ever owned, and possibly it may be the best piece of technology i have ever owned... it will do anything you need it to do and then some, haven't really had any problems with it. forsure check it out

Comment

wonder which one the op bought

if you do get an iphone., do unlock it and break contract after 1 mo.. switch to tmobile., ull save a lot of money in the long run...

Comment

I love my storm. If you hook it up to your computer and run the desktop app for the system updates periodically you'll have no problems. As far as service I won't go to another carrier. When I deployed to LA after Hurricane Gustav everyone else had no service and I was able to check my email all day.
                            "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

I have had my Iphone since the 3G came out and I have to say that I love my Iphone. Im not sure what I would do without it but the AT&T network really sucks. I hear that Apple is making a CDMA version of the Iphone. If the rumor is true then that means Apple would have a phone that will work on the Verizon network. Lets hope.
                              Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2878 users online. 162 members and 2716 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X