300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Control Zone

I'm mainly looking to get feedback on what you all, as LE officers, think of this concept that we're building. There is not much on the web for animal control officers. It's geared towards being a community for ACOs and an information portal for officers and public. Also an educational site to exucate and dispel the myths behind ACOs being a dog catcher, or the false ideas based on TV shows.
    Animal Control Zone

If you would, use the forums there and most in the suggestions section for ideas or changes or + and -'s.

Thanks to all of you!

Excellent! I don't think there is any site that gives ideas or thoughts on the way to handle people who have bad attitude dogs. Training sites deal more for raising a puppy to adult hood. But for leagel issues pertaining to people with bad or mean animals,it is is hard to find good information and thats not including a talking to a lawyer. It sure would be nice to have a person or association that can lend an ear and give thoughts for these issues.
    I would say the police would be the first step,But in the case it has not got that far....Who would be the person to ask that most valuable question..What should I do about a problem with non-nieghborly dogs and their owners? How do you protect yourself and your familly,Without starting a world war three with the nieghbor?

Comment

It's a human thing

We humans are responsible For the behaviour of our animals ..... we should get the training first so we can train the animal right

Comment

Its going to be a nice site. however if the mod is reading I am having problems getting on there.
        There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

I would like to know if anyone can help us try to find out what agencies have sworn animal control officers? I am a police officer in Florida and I have a friend that is trying to get his folks sworn to be able to be certified in Florida and have arrest powers. If anyone can help please let us know.

Thanks

Comment

I'm a certified animal control officer here in Michigan. We have arrest powers for any animal complaint or if we run across someone with a warrent. We also qualify and carry service pitols. (GLOCK 22)

We are not a division of the sheriff dept. We are our own dept. We answer to the County Commisioners that are voted in by the people.

This is not an average dept here - most counties they have no arrest powers and do not carry. What info exactly are you looking for, maybe I can help

Half
            There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Site looks down. Shame.
              N. A. Corbier
              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

This is good! I have a friend who witnessed her neighbor pull two dead dogs out of their dog houses in the middle of winter last year and then they threw them on a pile and burned them.
                She called the police and they said call Humane Society....or some other place.I think North Wood County Shelter.She did!They said all they could do is wait until their was some real proof and made sure there name is on a "They can't get pets from them any more list"....I was one of the witnesses this winter and seen some questionable things that where rather disturbing...,but since that time she Say's it's been rather quiet there.I have heard the dogs scream like they are in pain...NOTE!I work for a vet... So I know what it sounds like!and I know the sounds well!I think they found out I know the police..Because we went out side by the road and talked real loud a few times when they where out side, just so they can hear it..I think it scared them a little and now it's been better.I also took a picture of the dogs when we could see them and they where outside....I think it freaked them alittle..To bad!If they where my neighbors they wouldn't give me the crud she's had to face....they poisoned her dog and killed her cat too...All I can say is .....I would make some raucous and get the whole neighbor hood involved in a "Sign this petition" so we can give it to the police and the attorneys also!She say's there where others who seen weird things going on over there..I would bet they have some drug stuff going on too!But I aint there 20-20 to see whats going on ...it's just a suspicion on that note. That's where this could be helpful..in situatins like that where you could ask what procedures can be done to stop it or at least where to go on the issue.
                Last edited by frank; 04-29-2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11384 users online. 461 members and 10923 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X