300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palisades Interstate Parkway Police- NJ

Hey everyone. We just got our new site up and running 100%. Has everything from organization news, wanted files, history, forms and contact info

www.parkwaypolice.org
    Last edited by Next3Exits; 09-15-2015, 10:51 AM. Reason: Added the link!
    "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Looks pretty good!
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
      Do you have Garry McCarthy's picture on there?
      I knew it was only a matter of time before someone asked that haha
      "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

What is the hiring process like for this department? I read on the site that they accept resumes. I sent mine in but haven't heard anything as yet. Do you still have to take a civil service exam?

Comment

You initially get hired as a dispatcher/security. From there, you get promoted but it not right away.
          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Do PIP officers have full police powers in NY? For some reason I thought the NYSP patrolled the NY side of the PIP.
            Last edited by LINY; 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
              Do PIP officers have full police powers in NY? For some reason I thought the NYSP patrolled the NY side of the PIP.
              We patrol the New Jersey side of the parkway and the NYSP patrol the NY side to the end of the parkway. Back in the 1980's NY eliminated all of their Parkway Police and the NY side of the PIPPD went with them. The history of the department is actually really interesting.

Comment

Can officers' live in either state?

Comment

Originally posted by Future_Leo91 View Post
                  You realize this is a DEAD 3 year old thread?

No, you have to live in NJ
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Future_Leo91 View Post
                    This is a dead thread, but I’ll answer this anyway (a bit late, but others may have the same questions) You CAN live in the states of New York or New Jersey. They currently have officers that live in New York, it also states so on their hiring page. Furthermore, they are governed under Title: 32, which is the same statute which grants the Port Authority their bi-state jurisdiction and allows them to live in NY and NJ.

I’m no longer with the PIP, but they are a good agency and have seen some incredible changes and improvements over the last few years.

Comment

• Future_Leo91
                      Future_Leo91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. I would always see some PIP officers in New York, but i just wanted to know do they full Police powers in both states. Thank you again, and I hope I can get on with them.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12409 users online. 467 members and 11942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X