Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Police Officers train so hard

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Police Officers train so hard


  • #2
    I'm compelled to chime in on this one. While I'm sure (or at least hope) you had no ill intent, I find the commercial rather tasteless and not at all funny. Reason? It depicts a real life event experienced by many LEOs. To wit: Being in the fight of your life. Been there, done that. To trivialize such an event with the oft (and boring) steriotype regarding cops & donuts is, if nothing else, demeaning. I daresay go so far as to suspect trolling of a kind going on.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

    Comment


    • #3
      I know where I will never spend my money again!!
      MDRDEP:

      There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
        I'm compelled to chime in on this one. While I'm sure (or at least hope) you had no ill intent, I find the commercial rather tasteless and not at all funny. Reason? It depicts a real life event experienced by many LEOs. To wit: Being in the fight of your life. Been there, done that. To trivialize such an event with the oft (and boring) steriotype regarding cops & donuts is, if nothing else, demeaning. I daresay go so far as to suspect trolling of a kind going on.
        +1

        It was all too real for me. Too many of my brothers and sisters have been killed in that exact same scenario. I get the joke, it's just to real to be funny.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
          I'm compelled to chime in on this one. While I'm sure (or at least hope) you had no ill intent, I find the commercial rather tasteless and not at all funny. Reason? It depicts a real life event experienced by many LEOs. To wit: Being in the fight of your life. Been there, done that. To trivialize such an event with the oft (and boring) steriotype regarding cops & donuts is, if nothing else, demeaning. I daresay go so far as to suspect trolling of a kind going on.
          Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
          I know where I will never spend my money again!!
          Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          +1

          It was all too real for me. Too many of my brothers and sisters have been killed in that exact same scenario. I get the joke, it's just to real to be funny.
          I have to say with the greatest respect possible that your responses were enormously educational. Would not have had the first clue of its sensitivity. Another public service by O.com....

          Comment


          • #6
            I for one would never fight another officer, especially one from my own agency, over a doughnut; the last cup of coffee maybe, but never a doughnut. Seriously, this is just one of a series of commercials that Krispy Kreme ran playing on the "cops and doughnuts" theme. I don't see how two actors dressed as cops fighting over a doughnut is any different than actors engaged in a life or death fight in any cop drama or movie.
            When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

            Comment


            • #7
              At the beginning of the clip, before you know it's two cops.... you see the "bad guy" reach for the cops gun, you notice that no one is around and backup is no where to be seen, then the two switch positions and it appears the "bad guy" is now winning....

              Like I said before, I get the joke...ha ha. It's just in bad taste, especially with the increase of police officer's being killed. I think it makes light of the real dangers that are faced day to day.

              Like most of you, I have been with no close backup and in a fight for my life. It's not a good feeling, check out odmp.org and you can see that many officers didn't come out on the winning end.

              Or it could just be that I'm being over sensitive, and in that case; I agree with the above, I would only fight with one of my own over coffee...never a donut.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PABear31 View Post
                Seriously, this is just one of a series of commercials that Krispy Kreme ran playing on the "cops and doughnuts" theme. I don't see how two actors dressed as cops fighting over a doughnut is any different than actors engaged in a life or death fight in any cop drama or movie.
                Okay. Let's try another approach.

                A group of Africans is shown being transported in the horrors of a slave ship of old. At the end of their journey, they're given watermelons with the message being the terror they just experienced was worth the ordeal.

                Pretty friggin tasteless no?
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I did not mean to offend any of you on here by this video. I have the up most respect for the LEO community since I come from a family of LEOs and will hopefully join an agency once I finish college.

                  Your comments have put the video into a different perspective for me. I saw the video as a very stupid commercial ploy by the donut company but kinda thought it was mildly funny since they played the usual misconception that cops enjoy donuts.

                  After seeing your comments I showed my dad and uncle this video along with other video that portray things like this in there commercials. They both had the same disgust towards these videos and the company. They also stated to me the same reasons you all have stated and kinda opened my eyes to what you guys put up with.

                  But again my apology to you if this video has offend you and thanks for giving me a different perspective on this video. And as always stay safe out there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No apologies needed 757. I did believe (with some reservations) there was no ill intent and now I believe that more so to be true. Actually, I'm glad you put it up. I had not seen it before. It just tees me off there exits such a double standard when it comes to LEOs and the rest of society. Open season on the former. But now I'm beginning to rant. This is supposed to be the "joke" section.


                    That make it any better?
                    sigpic
                    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 3910 users online. 252 members and 3658 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X