Messing with the neighbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messing with the neighbor

Neighbor emails: So, appears I have a LOT of LUCK, just not GOOD luck!!!

Last Friday late afternoon both my A/C and my fridge went out!!! Got the a/c back on Sat. morning - was just a capacitor, so not too many $s. Old repair guy I've used for years came out Sat. and checked the fridge. Said it wasn't low on freon, thought it was a problem with the valves inside the compressor not opening and closing properly. It was holding freezer around 20-30 degrees, and fridge at about 40-50 He couldn't do anything about repairing the compressor. So new fridge being delivered today around noon.

Don't stand near me in a thunder/lightening storm!!

Me emails: Sounds like your electricity was too hot if it overloaded both your A/C & fridge. Could be the heat suppressor line failed. Have you called the electric company?

Neighbor emails: No, but I will. Thanks for the info.

I called neighbor later and asked her if she called the electric company. She said she had and the person she spoke with had never heard of a heat suppressor line. Then she was put on hold while the electric company person called to ask about any heat suppressor lines failing. No one knew of any problems like that occurring and there hadn't been any other problems reported in our area.

Then I told neighbor that I was just messing with her. She says, "YOU'RE AN ***HOLE!"
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Oh, but that's funny!
    Originally posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
    It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

HAHA.... Nice...
      Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I worked PT with an AC repair guy when I was a roadie. He once had a helper convinced that in winter, cold weather caused electrons to freeze, which sometimes caused electrical problems.
        /// he also liked to prank the help by shocking them on purpose- one reason I didn't last long in the AC biz (that and I hate crawling under houses... one word: SPIDERS).
        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2015, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I had a middle school teacher that must have been in college in the mid-late 60's. He told a story of a guy they knew who bought a VW bug and was boasting about the mileage. Just to screw with the guy, they went to his car every night and filled the gas tank. A week later he was so excited to be getting almost 100 miles/gallon. So the next week they took some gas out each night. The guy came up complaining that the mpg had dropped to the low teens. He was told to take it back to the dealership and insist they replace the pfister valve. Apparently the guy made a big scene at the dealership before believing every mechanic that there was no such part on his car.
          "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
          sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHA... That's great!

Comment

Can I get a left handed screwdriver?

How about a black and white camera. I am tired of shooting family pix in color

I also am in need of lightbulb grease.

Comment

As a sergeant, I used to send the FNG's all the way across the flightline to the hangar to get a can of prop wash. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one. They'd come running back and I'd rip them a new one and send them back for a roll of flightline. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one, and then they'd come trotting back and I'd rip them a new one, and then send them back for nut-washers... and on and on...

We called it "FNG Ping-Pong."

Comment

Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
                  As a sergeant, I used to send the FNG's all the way across the flightline to the hangar to get a can of prop wash. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one. They'd come running back and I'd rip them a new one and send them back for a roll of flightline. The supply sergeant would rip them a new one, and then they'd come trotting back and I'd rip them a new one, and then send them back for nut-washers... and on and on...

We called it "FNG Ping-Pong."
                  A box of Grid squares from supply or 1st SGT
                  Spark plugs for PMCS of the hum-v's from motor pool(they are all diesel)
                  Put winter air in to the tires of the vehicles.

Ah those days were fun.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                  After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Originally posted by 10-7Alpha View Post
                    A box of Grid squares from supply or 1st SGT
                    Spark plugs for PMCS of the hum-v's from motor pool(they are all diesel)
                    Put winter air in to the tires of the vehicles.

Ah those days were fun.
                    Hahahaha.... Forgot about the box of grid squares.

Comment

Hahahaha.... Forgot about the box of grid squares.
                      Back in the BDU/DCU days we were getting ready to roll out for some field exercise. Walked up behind a "joe" I assumed who was filling their canteens from a water fountain. I being squared away already had mine full, as did my section. I just wanted a sip from the fountain hell why drink from a canteen when you can have it cold. This soldier was taking FOREVER to fill 1 canteen, so I cracked off. "Jesus, did they issue you the 2 quart canteens or what?".

My company commander looked back at me from filling her canteens with the wildest look in her eyes and I added. "M'am" and smiled. I had no idea it was the commander.

Self inflicted, but was worth it.

Comment

Ruh-roh! HAHA... That's hilarious! I used to answer the phones sometimes, in the Admin office of Flight Operations. Every once in a while, before I could announce the unit and my name, rank, and greeting of the day, some Colonel or Sergeant Major, or some other adam-henry would be raving at the other end of the line. They don't know who I am, because they didn't have the basic damn manners to STFU and actually listen first, before going on a yelling, screaming tirade of profanity about one of the aircraft, the weather scrubbing all the missions, or some other such nonsense.

I'd usually take such golden opportunities to royally ***** with them.... (And then hang up and leave the building. At a range-walk!)

Comment

Ruh-roh! HAHA... That's hilarious! I used to answer the phones sometimes, in the Admin office of Flight Operations. Every once in a while, before I could announce the unit and my name, rank, and greeting of the day, some Colonel or Sergeant Major, or some other adam-henry would be raving at the other end of the line. They don't know who I am, because they didn't have the basic damn manners to STFU and actually listen first, before going on a yelling, screaming tirade of profanity about one of the aircraft, the weather scrubbing all the missions, or some other such nonsense.

I'd usually take such golden opportunities to royally ***** with them.... (And then hang up and leave the building. At a range-walk!)
                          Lol same. SGM calls up screaming in to phone at me that someone took his parking spot at his BAT command.... I was not even in that Battalion, he had the wrong number. I told him they probably took his spot on accident because they could not see his name on the spot because it was written to be height appropriate for him. This SGM I knew was only 5'3".

He then realized that he called the wrong number and threatened to track me down and UCMJ me for disrespect of a NCO. I hung up the phone, PLT Sgt looks at me and asked who that was? He heard me saying "Yes Sgt. Major" so I had his full attention. I told "wrong number" a left quickly.

Comment

LMAO!!

I was hauling *** back to the barracks after eating morning chow, when out of the darkness appears a Drill Sergeant. I didn't have time to stop, and ran smack into him, knocking him down, sending his campaign hat flying... He was beyond pizzed! He was screaming and yelling and looked at my nametag, partially obscured by the straps of my LBE. All he saw was the "W" of my last name, and he yelled, "Your name is WILLIAMS, Private?!!!" (YES!!! SWEET SALVATION!) I said, "Yes, Sergeant!" He screamed, "Oh, you're SECOND PLATOON, aren't you?!" (I was in 3rd platoon) Again, I answered, "Yes, Sergeant!" He yelled, "I'll deal with you later!! Get outta' here!" I said, "Yes, Sergeant!!" and drove on.

As I continued running, I started laughing... I laughed so damn hard, I almost fell down... Whoever Williams in 2nd platoon was, I feel sorry for that poor sucker...

Comment

Good god.... Do not get me going on AIT.

We used to with the drill sgt on CQ mind you, bust in to 8 man rooms screaming "DOWN EVERYONE DOWN!" while holding rubber duckies or (drill training M16s), but only on the weekends. Everyone thought it was fun except the ones spread eagle on the floor.

Also some how we had a bathroom with a door attached to the XO's cubicle who sat with the DS's. So one morning I belted out the entire Chuck Berry's Ding-A-Ling while shaving. Other soldiers were in there and were laughing their *** off. Halfway through XO with 3 DS standing behind him slam the door open. "WTF! Solider!" XO's face red as hell and the DS's had this huge grin on their face. I replied while wearing just a towel, "Nothing sir, just singing about my ding-a-ling. You want to hear the rest?"

Graduation, they call out "and the distinguished honor graduate is (insert my name)". After I get my certificate surrounded by DS's congratulating me one walked up to me and asked "How did you get distinguished? I thought you got UCMJ'd." I replied calmly "No, DS not yet. Unless you know something I don't."

22 weeks for an MOS is a pain.
                              Last edited by 10-7Alpha; 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7212 users online. 225 members and 6987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X