300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Probation!

I just thought I'd share the news that I'm finnaly off probation.

Our agency has a one year probation that starts after you've completed the academy (probably pretty standard). There are no parties, ceremonies, etc., or even memos telling you you're off probation. You basically count one year from your swear in date and if you still haven't been fired , you made it.

I asked my beat partner, who went through the academy with me, if we were off probation last week. She said, " did you sign your yearly eval.?" I said, "Yep." She said, "Well then you're off probation."

It's a releiving feeling.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Congrats !!! That's great news!!! I thought you'd been working with Ateamer for longer than a year, you two seem to be good buddies!!! I think there should be some sort of celebration for making it through probation!!! We can set off some fireworks for you, on... oh.. let's say, Friday night!!
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

"I just thought I'd share the news that I'm finnaly off probation."

Glad your Probation officer never violated you, you must really be a changed man!

Seriously though, congratulations on becoming permanent.

Comment

Lived out the probation, only to start a life sentence

Congratulations, sir!!
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Congrats!!!
          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Fastie LOL

SpecOpsWarrior, LOL. A few weeks ago I told a teen who's on probation for DUI that my probation was going to end about the same timer hers was. She looked at me stunned until I explained that my probation wasn't a criminal sentence like hers was.

JKT, Hopefully the life sentence will be to the age of retirement [Wink]
            "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by SO 5150:
              Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

.....JKT, Hopefully the life sentence will be to the age of retirement [Wink]

That's what I'm opting for. As it now stands, I will be eligible to retire at the end of 2010.

I recently found out that I can buy back 42 months of prior time, which will boost my retirement pay a little, but only cut down the time I need to serve, errrr, put in about 18 months.

That would allow me to retire sometime in 2008, which looks pretty good right now.

The best part? In 2008, I'll be 50 [Eek!] [Eek!]
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Congratulations! Now you can start raising hell!
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don, You're right on. Now I get to make up for a year of holding in what I really wanted to say

Comment

Congratulations! I wish you much Good Luck & Good Health in your Career! May God Bless You & Watch Over You Every Moment!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the adventures of the future! Believe me retirement comes fast..... We have a number of retirement options and with bridging to retirement and point factors I could possible go in less then 5!!!... and still be young!!... okay.... sorta young!!!

Comment

congrats in about 25 years you can retire
                        Goodluck and good job.

PPB
                        HERE"S MY 10 CENTS CAUSE MY 2 CENTS IS FREE." EMINEM

Comment

Congratulations, and good luck for the future.
                          "It would be fitting, I think, if among the last manmade tracks on earth would be found the huge footprints of the great black bear."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5437 users online. 341 members and 5096 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X