Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the benefits of Student Cooperative positions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the benefits of Student Cooperative positions?

If I were to get a student cooperative position with an FLE agency that i formerly interned with, would that guarantee me federal employee status and therefore I can apply to status candidate positions and current federal employees only vacancies? The position is part-time but I am currently working as a corrections officer full-time and pursuing my grad degree part-time but it seems that the position allows co-ops to convert when an internal 1811 position becomes available. Would you say this is worth it? Though this doesnt guarantee an 1811 conversion but they are generally first preference.

Does anyone have any insight on this? What are the pros and cons?

Depends on the agency. A lot of the "cooperative" programs were dismantled and these new pathways ones suck in comparison. It's sad because some of the best investigators/most motivated 1811s agencies have (as well as current supervisors in those agencies) were former SCEP interns who were highly motivated in fed LE throughout college. I have heard stories of people in these new pathways positions not being converted to 1811 because of HR snafus. I know personally of someone who did a full 1811 pathways at HSI and then was not converted even with the SAC of his office calling HR once a week to get it done.

Short answer, it depends. The smaller the agency, probably the more likely it works out because the agents/SACs/ASACs supervising you will have a more direct pipeline to agency execs/HR. But again, it's nothing like it was in the old SCEP program that was phased out in 2012-2013ish.

Also, this thread should probably moved to LE job center board.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9189 users online. 327 members and 8862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X